United-Kindred
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seakyro: The End.

+5
Aero
Tem
vtmrxtc
isador
ShadowLance
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Seakyro: The End. Empty Seakyro: The End.

Post by ShadowLance Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:21 am

I'm ending Seakyro now. I decided to handle the ending through narrative instead of in-game. Just easier, and faster. Don't need all of the players present, etc. So below is the ending, hope you enjoy!

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Number of posts : 304

Character Details
Past Intro?: Wasn't tested
Can RP: Yes

Back to top Go down

Seakyro: The End. Empty Part One

Post by ShadowLance Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:22 am

Jason Goudy gathered the men for the operation. The plane was in, it just needed its crew.

Robert, Ashes, and a new guy.. Montana... were in.

Jason said they'd be briefed in the air by Greg. As the plane took off, Ashes watched out the window in fear. An airplane was an incredibly rare piece of technology even in GSC controlled cities, and Ashes was from the wasteland.

Greg explained the mission, his imposing figure silhouetted in the doorway of the airplane cabin. Jeff Goudy could be seen past him, working the complicated controls of the lost technology.

They were going to a GSC base in New London to recover any scientific data they could and destroy the rest. It sounded so straight-forward...

When the plane landed, the GSC were confused and went out to investigate with weapons holstered. Jeff and Greg mowed them down and cleared an easy path to the base. The crew followed in their wake.

Upon entering the science lab, they could hear Jeff and Greg defending the plane from GSC security. Not much time.

Dropping down a ladder into the lab, the crew got their weapons ready and stalked the cold sterile hallways. They went into a side door and stumbled into a meeting of GSC scientists.

For a moment, no one moved. Then Ashes, Montana and Robert opened fire. The scientists tried to run, hide, crawl under the tables, use their comrades as shields, but all were found and shot in the small meeting room... save one. Ashes pulled him out from under the table and made him lead the way.

Guards this time. They dropped one easily, but the other took cover and fired a GSC flamethrower down the hallway. Ashes hit the floor, laying flat, then shot him around the corner. He took the smoking flamethrower from the dead man.

They stalked from door to door, killing scientists, some running, some begging on their knees. Montana shot one in the face remorselessly.

Killing more guards in front of an elevator, they noticed their guide had ran off in the chaos, but decided to continue on down the elevator.

The elevator doors opened... and inside...

Huge glass tubes sat in rows in the large lab. Inside each tube... monsters... some with glowing eyes, some with dozens of arms, tentacles, spikes... wings...... scales.... all hideous.. none human.

The scientists tried to run, tried to hide, but they were gunned down. All but one.

Ashes used the flamethrower to torch most of the equipment. The surviving scientist refused to release the monsters, saying humanity would be in danger and that he would rather die. Montana held his face in the flames to "convince" him, but the scientist just screamed and struggled, refusing even as his face blackened. Montana dropped him, disgusted.

After some argument, Ashes decided to open the containers himself. One of the biggest monsters in the front of the lab was awake... and guided Ashes in how to release them. The rest of the crew expressed dissent, but Ashes went ahead.

The tubes began to lower, and the liquid they were filled with poured over the tops. Scaled, clawed fingers reached over the edge of the tube as it lowered... slowly...

They decided to run.

Robert charged ahead and ran straight into the hands of the GSC. He had no choice but to drop his weapon and surrender.

Trapped between the GSC and the monsters who were working their way up from the lower levels to the top, evident by the screams and cries of pain and terror from below, Ashes and Montana waited...

As the screams from the lower levels began to quiet, wet feet could be heard slapping on cold tile floor as the monsters grew near..

Ashes and Montana waited, tense.

The first of the beasts began to rise from the stairs, watching with twisted deformed eyes and faces, over claws and jagged teeth. The beasts held their ground though, just gathering at the top of the stairs, close to the two frail humans.

The monsters shifted to the sides of the stairway to let something pass.. the huge monster from the main tube climbed the stairs, vaguely human, standing twice as tall as Ashes and Montana, claws as long as their forearms. Watching with perfect, intelligent, cunning, hungry eyes.

"Drop the weapons", it said.

Looking with fear and uncertainty to Ashes, Montana kept hold of his machinegun.

"It's okay, just do it, we don't have a choice," Ashes told him, as he set down his flamethrower.

Reluctantly, Montana did the same with his gun.

The giant closed on them, grasping with long slender claws and opening its mouth far wider than humanly possible, rows of pale bleached fangs like saw blades closed on their necks, and everything went black.

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Seakyro: The End. Empty Part Two

Post by ShadowLance Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:23 am

When Ashes and Montana awoke, they could smell mold and decay. And blood.

That blood never smelled so good... Like the sweetest drink, the most intoxicating alcohol. Water in a desert.

Tied up nearby were several scientists. Before Ashes and Montana knew what they were doing, they had drained the scientists of all their blood.

A soft chuckle heard, far above, made them look up. A rope ladder was dropped down. It was too bright above to see anything. They climbed the ladder.

When they pulled themselves out of the pit, they saw what it was... an old sewage pit for the lab. They were filthy.

"Clean yourselves."

They looked, and saw the giant vampire staring at them, one clawed hand pointed at a door labeled "Employee Showers". There was blood in the cracks of the tile floor.

After a moment of confusion and hesitation, the giant motioned deftly and two smaller monsters grabbed Ashes and Montana and drug them to the showers, throwing them in and leaving.

Clean clothes, no doubt taken from the scientists' rooms, were left on the counter. After cleaning and dressing, Ashes and Montana went back out to find the sewage pit covered by a hatch, and a large table over the hatch. The giant vampire sat at the end of the table.

"Sit," It commanded.

They sat.

"My name is Alexej. I am one thousand, two hundred and fifty seven years of age, an immortal, a vampire. And now so are you. The problem is, our kind is unwelcome. You know this."

They sat in stunned silence, worlds turned upside down in one night.

Alexej sipped from a wine glass of blood, then set it down. Montana noticed that it was gradually refilling from drops that fell from the dark ceiling, and searched the darkness to try to find the source. He wished he hadn't. There were several scientist.... melted... together... a large vein had been pulled out of their necks and joined like plumbing into one spout that had a small cut on it. To his horror, the scientists were still alive, faces twisted in agony. He threw up, but only blood came out.

Alexej laughed softly, "What a waste of warm blood. Care for more?", and offered his now full cup

"What next," Ashes asked tonelessly, more like a statement than a question.

"Next? Next.. I haven't been able to think about that for so long. Trapped in a ... test tube.." Alexej placed a clawed hand on his temple, closing his eyes, as if deep in thought, "Next.. we either live forever, or die here in this laboratory. The GSC will not tolerate us."

They sat in silence at the table.

"Consider this...a Last Supper," Alexej smiled ironically, very happy with himself.

More silence.

So much uncomfortable silence. It was the worst torture they had experienced. The eyes of the monster Alexej bored into their souls from across the table. The faint stench of human feces and rotting flesh leaked from the closed hatch under the table, their cave of resurrection, their womb.

Last edited by ShadowLance on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:32 am; edited 4 times in total

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Seakyro: The End. Empty Part Three

Post by ShadowLance Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:23 am

Robert lay flat on his stomach, hands on the back of his head. A man roughly pulled his hands down behind his back one by one and handcuffed him with a zip tie. It immediately cut off circulation to his hands.

"Easy, easy!" Someone shouted.

Robert tried not to struggle, feeling the sights of dozens of loaded guns on him.

"Test him."

Suddenly a sharp burning pain waved through Robert's body from his cheek, tracing with liquid hot fingers down the nerves of his face. He could smell burning flesh. It hurt too much to scream.

"Alright, he's human. Get him behind the line," another voice said.

The world was a painful blur, and in the last moments before Robert blacked out, he saw Sam being put in a kennel, unharmed, by a GSC soldier.

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Seakyro: The End. Empty Part Four

Post by ShadowLance Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:24 am

"You will represent us," Alexej hissed between sharp rows of teeth.

Montana and Ashes stared, uncertain and still disorientated.

"We're... vampires," Ashes said quietly.

"Yes," Alexej snapped impatiently, "Did you hear me?"

Uncomfortable silence. Drip...drip.....drip.....drip... Alexej's cup began to overflow from the drops of blood. It pooled on the table. One of the other monsters inched forward, then began to lap at the pool of spilled blood like a dog. Alexej didn't seem to notice.

"You will represent us," Alexej repeated, "None of us look human enough," He spat the word with disgust.

Drip....drip.... and a faint moan of pain from the source above.

"Okay," Ashes responded coldly.

Montana still looked sick.

"Good. Now go above and talk to the GSC. Tell them we have the scientists alive down here and are holding them hostage. Tell them we know there is a jet on the runway, and we want it."

Drip... drip..... drip.....

"But the scientists are all dead," Montana said.

Alexej just smiled, revealing those sharpened teeth. His face hardly creasing at all, as if it was made from liquid porcelain.

Drip....

"Okay," Ashes said, and stood up, hesitating.

Montana stood as well.

Alexej watched them leave. His eyes following them the entire time.

The tiles and stairs were slick with blood. No bodies. No bodies anywhere. Vampires didn't eat corpses did they? Where were all the bodies?

There had to be hundreds of scientists here. And no bodies.

When they reached the elevator, they heard a voice shout, "Freeze!"

Behind them was an armed team of GSC special ops with night vision goggles and UV guns Ashes and Montana had never seen before.

"Arms above your heads, slowly turn around," the voice commanded.

They turned, slowly.

"Ashes?" The voice said in surprise.

Ashes and Montana looked for the person speaking.

Ethan stepped from behind the line of GSC spec ops, "Is that really you? What are you doing here?"

"Ethan?" Ashes asked in surprise.

"GSC flew me in by helicopter when the air control tower set the alarm, did you come on that jet? Are you with the terrorists?"

Ashes' mind raced, just wanting to get the hell out of there, "They had me captive, I don't know why, something to do with being close to Robert. He's with them."

"We caught Robert, he turned himself in," Ethan answered quietly, his face blank and not revealing anything.

Montana looked from Ashes to Ethan, confused.

"Look, you need to come with us," Ethan said.

Ashes glanced down the stairs behind them nervously, then beckoned Ethan closer, away from the Spec Ops.

Ethan frowned.

"Just... closer, please. Your team can shoot me easy from over there," Ashes pleaded.

Ethan's frown deepened, but he walked over to Ashes, a hand on his pistol holstered at his hip.

Montana stared at the heavily armed GSC Spec Op team and tried to imagine them facing off with the monsters down in the lab, but the imagery was too terrible so he tried to think of something else.. home... anything.

Leaning forward to whisper quietly, Ashes said, "You've got to get me out of here."

Montana looked sharply over at him.

"Us, I mean us, whatever, just get us out of here. No tests, no needles, just get us back to Seakyro, or the wastes, whatever. Just fucking get me out of his lab," Ashes said, eyes wilder than a Vine trip.

"What.. why," Ethan answered quietly.

"For old times' sake, fuck, just do it, just get me out of here, okay?"

Ethan continued frowning, hand not leaving his pistol.

Ashes fidgeted uncomfortably, glancing at the stairs leading down several times then at the elevator leading to fresh air, "Okay, okay, I can give you a vampire. An old one, alright? You'll get a promotion for sure."

"What do you mean? Are you bribing me?" Ethan asked, angry, but curious.

Ashes grinned, feeling right at home suddenly, "He's an old one, pre-war, was hiding in a bomb shelter for hundreds of years. Really powerful. You could even capture him 'alive', with me to help you."

Montana edged away from the GSC Spec Ops, getting more and more nervous knowing what they would do if they found out he was a vampire.

Ethan and Ashes didn't notice, but the Spec Ops did. They started getting antsy too, and several UV guns were aimed at Montana. He stopped edging away.

"Okay, so I cut some red tape and get you out of here. And you get me this old vampire. What about the vampires down there in the lab?" Ethan asked.

"Fuck 'em, I don't care, burn them all. That's your job," Ashes answered quickly.

Ethan paused, thinking, "Did they tell you anything?"

Ashes looked impatient and frustrated, "Oh, yeah, they want a jet to fly out of here, they say they have all the scientists hostage and will kill them if you don't let them on the jet."

"I see," Ethan said, looking worried.

Fuck it, Ashes thought, "All the scientists are dead anyways. And the ones that are still alive... you can't save them. Just fucking burn it all."

Montana looked at Ashes in shock, then looked at the stairs, expecting to see Alexej staring at them, judging them for their betrayal.

"Oh," Ethan said, nodding. "Good. Bravo team, move downstairs. Alpha team, cover and flank."

The Spec Ops team raced downstairs silently, as if their feet never touched the floor. Montana could have sworn he saw them flicker and disappear like chameleons just as they went into the darkness. It sent a chill down his spine.

"Right, so now we can go?" Ashes asked, anxious.

Ethan frowned again, thinking long and hard. Let a couple of old friends go to stop a threat to humanity? Whose side was he on? "Fine, yes. Take my car, it's parked by the elevator."

Ashes exhaled in relief. Silently realizing that exhaling was just a formality and he didn't even need to breathe. He was dead, a vampire. He faked breathing to keep up the facade.

"But we never had this conversation. If anyone asked, I'll tell them you knocked me down and fled," Ethan said coldly.

Last edited by ShadowLance on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Seakyro: The End. Empty Part Five

Robert could hear voices, vaguely. He only caught bits and pieces.

"It's him alright, I checked with the Seakyro HQ."

"Murdered two GSC in cold blood and fled. But he's not even a vampire, and his blood test is clean, what's the motive?"

"Who knows, he's a terrorist, a fucking psychopath. Take him to HQ and execute him."

Last edited by ShadowLance on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:40 am; edited 2 times in total

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Seakyro: The End. Empty Part Six

Robert woke up to a wide wet tongue lapping at his face. It actually felt okay on the burns.

Sam stopped licking his face and whimpered, watching Robert with sympathetic eyes.

Jarred by a sudden movement, Robert woke up more and blinked to clear his vision, they were in a car.

The car went over another bump, "Watch it," a familiar voice said.

"Where am I?" Robert croaked painfully.

"He's up," the same voice said.

"Hey, you're awake. We thought you were dead," the driver said, "You're in a car, we're in the wastes of.. where is this?"

"Britain," the other voice answered.

"Yeah, Britain. I guess it's an island so we're stuck here for now," the man glanced over the seat to look at Robert. "Damn! You look like shit Robert."

"Ashes?" Robert asked.

"Yeah, me and Montana. We had to kill a few GSC, but hey, I figure having a regular gunslinger with us would be worth it," Ashes grinned, his features a bit more clear in Robert's blurry eyes.

Ashes went back to watching the road. Trees could be seen passing the side windows, blurs of dead wood in the night.

Robert sat up slowly, his head clearing. Sam watched him, panting. Robert reached over and rolled down the window for Sam to stick his head out.

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Seakyro: The End. Empty Re: Seakyro: The End.

Post by isador Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:21 pm

Man, epic as always. Shame i wasn't part of it Razz
isador
isador
WOD Expert
WOD Expert

Number of posts : 433

Character Details
Past Intro?: Yes

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:08 am

The first post was where the actual in-game events ended. After the monster closed in on Montana and Ashes. The rest was "fiction".

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Seakyro: The End. Empty Prologue

Post by ShadowLance Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:49 pm

Truffeni Fa: After Ashes left, she took Ashley and left town without a word. Bob seems to know where she went but kept tight-lipped about it.

Steve-o: Completely missing. Jason Goudy won't say anything about what happened to him after he joined the rebels despite death threats from Heroin Bob.

Heroin Bob: Took over the management of Ashes' bar and started getting live music playing there. To his dismay, it became a cool hangout place for college kids looking for a little danger. Often enough, Bob took the role of bouncer and threw people out at random for laughs and entertainment of the regulars. He always wondered what had happened to Ashes, but Steve-o's disappearance ate away at him the most. It seemed like all of his closest friends were being consumed by that damned rebellion. In the usual Bob sort of way, he helped any street kids who showed up at the door, sacrificing a lot to get them food and shelter, but laughing it off like it was nothing. Dangerous situations whirled around Bob, but somehow he remained untouched. Either through sheer luck or some kind of divine protection, it was anyone’s guess. One early morning, Bob found a young kid at his doorstep who looked malnourished and maybe drug addicted. When the kid wouldn’t wake up, Bob shook him, and the kid woke, startled, and shot Bob in the neck. He died with the kid crying over him, saying he was sorry over and over, that it was an accident. Heroin Bob choked out “it’s okay, it’s okay,” as blood filled his mouth, trying to grin.

Jason Goudy: Made it back to Seakyro by stealing a GSC helicopter with Greg. The jet was already taken over. Unfortunately Ashes, Robert and Montana didn't recover any incriminating data from the GSC lab so the mission was a failure. Trying to pick up the pieces, Goudy reestablished a base in Seakyro, but most of the rebels had left or been arrested. He tried to get the rebellion against the GSC going again for several years before disappearing completely, never heard from again. Some think he was abducted by the GSC and taken to a secret prison, others think he went to another GSC city to start the rebellion over again there.

Greg: Although Greg made it to the helicopter with Jason Goudy, he didn't survive the flight back to Seakyro, dying from dozens of gunshot wounds he suffered protecting Jason, even using himself as a human shield. Before he passed out from the blood loss, he grinned a bloody smile and clasped hands with Jason.

Reggie: After the strike team left for the GSC lab in England, Reggie shirked his duties and disappeared into the wastes. Most believe he went back to slaving. Some even attribute him to the raid on the GSC mental trauma center that left ten or twenty former sex slave women missing that had been recovered from the wastes some weeks before.

Raymond: Was eventually caught tampering with GSC systems to look into classified files, but Ethan managed to get him pardoned. He still lost his job, but he wasn't arrested.

"old man": Unknown.

Ashley: Disappeared with Truffeni. She slipped a metal bracelet into Jericho's jacket pocket as a parting gift, but he never heard from her again.

Ali, Dave, & The Bar: The Bar was controlled by Heroin Bob, but Dave did most of the management, keeping in contact with Eduardo's GSC contact to keep electricity in the place, paying off GSC security to keep away, etc. Several weeks after Ashes left, Ali tried to throw out a customer who pulled a gun and shot him three times in the chest then fled. Now they have a new bouncer.

Charlie: Crippled for life, there wasn't much hope for Charlie in the unforgiving world. He waited for Ashes to return for months, hoping to get revenge somehow. He hung around The Bar, and Heroin Bob tried to make him feel welcome despite their past, but Charlie was so consumed with opportunities lost and a lack of confidence that he had to leave. There was nothing left for him. Truffeni was gone, he never felt he had much chance with her, but his hope was crushed now. Ashley, the young girl he had secret lustful feelings for, was gone as well. He tried to go out into the wastes to find Vine to sell, subconsciously following in Ashes' footsteps, and was seen as easy prey to wastelanders who robbed and killed him. In his last moments, he felt sadness, pain, and loss, but still somehow a sort of satisfaction, like things had turned out how they ought to. Maybe it was cynicism with the world he was born in, or self-loathing, but behind all of the grief and loss in his last moments, Charlie was glad he was dying.

Ethan: After the incident at the GSC lab in England, Ethan was promoted to head of the Seakyro GSC division. An ongoing Internal Affairs investigation quickly tarnished his reputation. He constantly tried to find or contact Ashes to get his hands on that "very old vampire" he was promised, but Ashes was completely unreachable. After Ethan pardoned Raymond for digging in classified files, Internal Affairs felt like they had a good enough case on Ethan to bring it to the GSC execs. After standing trial, Ethan was charged for six counts of the highest crime within the GSC, endangering the human race. While imprisoned, a very strange thing happened... a wolf's howl made Ethan look up at the barred window, to see a raven perched there holding a key in its beak. It dropped the key and Ethan was able to escape into the wastes. He was never heard from again, but rumors spread that he continued to hunt for vampires on his own, and was doggedly pursuing one old german vampire nicknamed the "wolf man".

Jericho: Deciding to stay on the plane instead of going on the dangerous mission into the England GSC lab, Jericho was captured by the GSC when they stormed the jet. Jericho was treated like a rebel at first, and suffered greatly at the hands of the GSC, but once a formal investigation came around, they saw Jericho had no prior crimes and really had no contact with the rebels at all, so he was let go. Having spent nearly a year in a GSC secret prison, Jericho was physically and mentally damaged. He still went into the wastes to scavenge, but was never quite himself again.

Isabelle: Left Seakyro shortly before the mission into England. She went on one of the regular GSC-guarded caravans to New Moscow, hoping for something new, maybe something exciting. It didn't hurt that New Moscow was rumored to have one of the best art programs of any GSC city. Upon arriving in New Moscow she was deeply disappointed, and frightened. It was nothing like Seakyro. The skyscrapers were just metal skeletons and most of the "city" was a shantytown built within the ruins. She quickly realized how vulnerable she was, just a lone girl, when she was nearly mugged and raped in the open street one night. GSC guards came just in time to save her. She kept thinking of and remembering Ethan, and sometimes, wishfully, tried to contact him through the GSC in New Moscow, without success.

Eduardo: Not feeling at home with Heroin Bob and his crew, nor the GSC who tried to kill him, Eduardo was a social outcast. He didn't dare to sign up for the GSC again, but couldn't find any other work. His only skills were what the GSC had taught him, how to fire a gun, how to drive, basic education... none of it was useful anywhere else. In a desperate effort to make money for food, Eduardo posted hand-made fliers around town offering basic firearm and technology instruction at half the price the GSC charged. To his surprise, he was overwhelmed, having to teach growing classes every day of the week. It made him enough money that he got his own place, and started teaching there, even teaching night classes because of the demand. Once the vampire scare died down some, so did Eduardo's success. His business dropped sharply and leveled out at just enough income to keep his home and food on the table (and afford occasional luxuries). He was glad enough just to have that. He married and lived a satisfied life, but he often reminisced about the excitement of his days with Ashes and wondered about returning to the wastes, or trying to find Ashes again. He never did, living his life out teaching and spending time with his wife. Sterile from the radiation he was exposed to in the wastes, Eduardo never had any children. Late in his life, the GSC offered to hire him as an instructor or professor within the GSC facilities and he accepted, living in relative luxury with a healthy yearly salary and GSC benefits.

Nikolas: When Ashes left, a vacuum was created in the criminal underground. Heroin Bob wasn't going to fill it, so someone had to. Nikolas saw the opportunity and took it. Not only did he take over Ashes' role as small-time crime boss, but did far more. He turned into a real organized crime lord, buying up properties and extorting businesses for protection money. He hired dealers to sell vine, hired collectors to retrieve vine from the wasteland, produced his own drugs in Seakyro, and eventually merged with another crime group in Southern Seakyro that focused on prostitution. Nikolas exploited and destroyed countless lives, turning most of Seakyro into a crime-ridden ghetto. The GSC kept his influence out of the core of the city, but found itself powerless to reclaim the seedier areas. One night, an underling of Nikolas shot him in his sleep. Within days, that underling had claimed Nikolas' position as crime boss. (Several months later, the new crime boss was shot in a GSC raid).

Ashes: After escaping from the GSC at the England laboratory, Ashes took Ethan's car and disappeared into the wastes of Britain with Robert and Montana. He tried several times to steal a GSC helicopter or boat to get back to the mainland, but didn't have the manpower or equipment. The GSC were too disciplined and heavily armed. Eventually he gave up and integrated into a settlement outside the GSC lab, venturing into the wastes to harvest and produce all sorts of drugs to sell to the settlers. He became something of a political figure in the settlement, eventually claiming the title of "Mayor" and changing/creating all sorts of laws and red tape to make sure no one disturbed his drug empire he continued to run. With corrupt politics and business, the settlement continued to grow and decay, spreading across the wastes of London quickly, like a fungus reclaiming a corpse. Within only a few years, it was one of the most prosperous (and corrupt) cities on the planet, and also the first non-GSC city in Europe. Word spread that Ashes had died young from radiation poisoning, but had left several sons to inherit the family business. Rumors were whispered that the sons were adopted; because Ashes was sterile from a life exposed to radiation. In truth, Ashes simply took a back seat to the politics, letting his ghouls handle the face of the business while he pulled all the strings. (It was also the first vampire-controlled city in Europe).

Montana: Being somewhat of a social outcast, Ashes was really Montana's only friend. Robert had always been distant from Montana after the raid on the GSC lab, Montana never understood why. It seemed like everyone treated him that way but Ashes, like he was some kind of dangerous unpredictable criminal. So, to hell with it, he thought, I'll be just that. He became Ashes' right hand man in his rise to power, acting as enforcer, assassin, and bodyguard. After a bloody encounter with some off-duty GSC, Montana had to lay low for a while. Over time, his name became feared; a man who had been shot a hundred times and still walked. Some whispered that he was a vampire, a creature of legends past. As the rumors grew, Montana knew he had to retire. Ashes made sure he was taken care of for his years of service, setting up an account for Montana that would have money put in it every week. This wasn’t enough for Montana. As the world changed and he remained the same, he craved to get back out there. Upon venturing into the changed city, a city of crime and decay, Montana felt more isolated than ever. Try as he might, Montana couldn’t contact Ashes. Either Ashes didn’t want to be contacted, or he was gone. Montana began to go stir-crazy with no work, nothing to do, no one to fight, and as the years wore on, his hatred for the GSC grew and grew. Eventually he decided to go down in a blaze of glory, storming the nearby GSC laboratory. As he clung stubbornly to life, body refusing to turn to ash from the UV weapons, Montana remembered their raid on this same lab, decades ago, and felt a numb satisfaction that he had finally died there, just before he fell apart into dust.

Robert & Sam: When Robert saw that Ashes was trying to do the same thing to the English settlement that he did to Seakyro, with his drugs and crime, he pursued a legal way to the mainland. Unfortunately, his criminal record made this impossible. On several occasions he had to flee from the GSC who discovered his past. Unable to escape the island, and refusing to get involved in Ashes' spread of crime in the settlement, Robert left into the wastelands of Britain to survive on his own. He thought about offering Montana a chance to come with him, but memories of Montana’s cruelty in the GSC lab lingered. Rumors of a man and his dog protecting wayward travelers from raiders (and worse) were spread at bars and caravan campfires for generations. Half based on fact, half on wishful thinking. The people needed a hero. Maybe Robert wasn't it, but he was the closest damn thing they had heard of, and they clung to the idea. From all the time in the wilderness, Robert felt even more distrust for civilization, avoiding contact completely. This only lead to even bigger and grander stories being told about him, "The Wasteland Wanderer", with his canine companion, saving damsels in distress and punishing the wicked, living out in the wasteland, somewhere. When Sam died from an infected wound from someone's hunting trap, Robert was completely alone. It wasn't long before he died as well. The rumors of this wasteland hero out-lived him and were passed down for generations, giving a broken people hope on the now crime-ridden island.

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by vtmrxtc Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:21 am

i can't believe i'm reading this. this is great stuff. i really think you should store this somewhere permanently. i definitely will.

vtmrxtc
StoryTeller(ICT)
StoryTeller(ICT)

Number of posts : 17

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Tem Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:00 am

Awww i died.

Some very great reading though.
Tem
Tem
Ancillae
Ancillae

Number of posts : 32

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:31 am

Hope you're not offended. I really put a lot of thought into the endings, not just "I don't like this guy, so he dies!"

Montana was a bit ruthless, executing unarmed people on their knees, holding their faces over fires to "convince" them to help, etc (yes, I know it was unintentional that the dude's face blistered and burned). Either he felt shitty about that and regretted it forever, or really didn't feel bad at all (which is the by-the-book description of losing humanity). Then you have a fresh vampire who had a horribly scarring embrace, thrown out into the world with no friends, family, or contacts. No sire, no mentor, knows nothing about being a vampire. Probably countless horrible experiences learning how to feed, accidentally draining loved ones to death, frenzying and killing innocents/loved ones... remembering what Alexej said.. immortals, knowing he would have all of that on his conscience forever. And if he didn't give a shit about all that? He'd have almost no humanity whatsoever and be claimed by the beast (which would fit into his ending perfectly). But if all of that was tearing him up inside, then the ending makes sense as well.

On top of that, Montana didn't really have a "purpose" in life. The purpose he had found in my fictional ending was assisting Ashes, but that ended, so he had nothing. He clung to the old memory of the raid at the lab, where he did terrible things, saw terrible things, was first turned into a vampire, and was one of the few times he really felt like he had a purpose; an important mission from the rebels to take down the GSC!

I'm not writing all this because I'm pissed and getting defensive, I'm writing it all so that everyone can see the thought I put into each ending, and not feel jipped out because their character had a "depressing ending".

It completely depends on the character and the circumstances.

Ashes, for example, had similar problems as Montana. But he also had a natural ability to pull followers and friends to him, he had a constant goal and bearing in life, and also had a lot of experience with vampires, the wastelands, working from the bottom of the totem pole up, etc etc etc. (all in-game mind you).

Yeah, it's not entirely fair because not everyone got to play as much as Trogers, XTC, Mopey, VL, etc. But I did my best interpreting each character regardless of how much time there were in-game. Some characters, like Vampirella Lover's "Eduardo", had a TON of time in-game, but were constantly enigmatic so I had to do a lot of reading between the lines.

Anyways, I'm making it sound like I wrote these FOR YOU and YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE THEM!!!

But that's not the case, I just did it all for fun and my own enjoyment bounce

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Tem Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:29 pm

ShadowLance wrote:Hope you're not offended. I really put a lot of thought into the endings, not just "I don't like this guy, so he dies!"

Montana was a bit ruthless, executing unarmed people on their knees, holding their faces over fires to "convince" them to help, etc (yes, I know it was unintentional that the dude's face blistered and burned).

No worries was good way to go out i quite liked it.

Cant have a ruthless man like that go out by tripping over a rug down some stairs or nothing silly.
Tem
Tem
Ancillae
Ancillae

Number of posts : 32

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:57 pm

Pretty great. I really liked the epilogue.

I like the ending of most characters. Pretty glum and gloomy, fitting the theme of Seakyro. And yes, death of some characters was no more than poetic justice.

Shadow, if you would host Seakyro chapter 2 anytime, I would definitely join.
Aero
Aero
Lucifer
Lucifer

Number of posts : 615

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:06 am

Haha, Phoenix first though. Trouble enough just hosting SOMETHING these days

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by isador Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:10 am

If chapter 2 ever gets hosted, i'm gonna put an effort into making a character with clear set goals, rather then poor jericho who just "tagged along"
isador
isador
WOD Expert
WOD Expert

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by vtmrxtc Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:47 am

me too, if you were to do something similar. otherwise i'm down for phoenix ch 3

vtmrxtc
StoryTeller(ICT)
StoryTeller(ICT)

Number of posts : 17

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Gast Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:22 pm

hmm poor isabelle, almost forgot about her lol
oh well, she was a great lesson to me never to use a social "normal" character ever again Wink

Gast

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:27 pm

Moepy wrote:hmm poor isabelle, almost forgot about her lol
oh well, she was a great lesson to me never to use a social "normal" character ever again Wink

That wasn't the point. The reason we ended up standing around was due to the lack of goals we set for our characters we were more like "waonders" doing nothing Like shadow said Ashes had the most attension because of the goals he was working towards. It's fine to make a social character you should of just given her some goals is what the lesson is here.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Number of posts : 1095

Character Details

http://kindred-knights.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:12 am

I had a fairly "normal" character. And I enjoyed the short time I used him.
To me, I think that Charlie was fairly normal, as he embodied several bad habits: greed, lust, cowardliness, selfishness. But he also had several good qualifications: Drive, ambition, politeness.

I do not regret the way I RPed him, as I think he was unique (I doubt anyone had played a coward character before). And about his end, I think he had it coming.
But now since Charlie has kicked the bucket, I might use his younger brother in chapter 2.

This quote summarize the whole problem that most people experienced in that specific chronicle:
"Most players' RP characters represent the dangerous psychotic or sociopath 2% of the population. If they were normal, they wouldn't be adventurers."
The problem: We all want to be adventurers.
Aero
Aero
Lucifer
Lucifer

Number of posts : 615

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:49 am

Aero raises a good point.

Isabelle wasn't "normal". A normal person wouldn't go off with a REALLY shady wastelander like Ashes to go farm drugs in the wastes. Then after getting stabbed and put in the hospital, wanting to go back out and shoot stuff cause "it's boring standing around".

Normal people are the population that rarely even get NPC representation because they don't get involved in anything, they just go about their lives, scream and run when something scary happens, gasp and stare when something amazing happens. Normal people are "boring".

I encourage players to make "normal" characters not because I want them to stand around thinking about how boring it is, but so they can flesh out and make unique a character without adding over the top traits just to stand out. A unique character doesn't have one leg, vulnerability to silver, and use nunchucks with Movement of Mind. A unique character is one that has been so well developed you love them and/or hate them as if they were a real person. A character with such a rich, unique personality that players remember them years later.

I've said it before, I don't remember a single character from 8 years ago that used dual katanas or shot flames out of his mouth, or had a glowing red eye, or always wore a black robe. Yet I remember several characters so clearly it's like they were old friends I used to know. One was the best played Malk I had ever seen. He made you love him and feel sad for him, while simultaneously not being sure he really is your friend. Another was a ambitious cunt of a lasombra who was also hilarious, fun, and really friendly. Yet at the turn of a dime would dice up a woman with knives just because she was staring at him.

Complicated contradicting complex characters (oy, don't make that an abbreviation out of that please) usually don't pop out of thin air. Meaning don't expect to be able to sit down and make one up in a couple hours. They either take a shit ton of planning and notes, OR just by evolving a character over time. Start them off as a kid, or a fledgling, or a human, whatever, and play them, over and over. Discover who they are as they discover themselves. Hector is a good example. He started off fine, a decent Serpent of Light, but all the drama, danger, almost dying, loss of friends, gaining of allies, and learning of lessons made him a much more interesting and deeper character by the end of that chron. I get the impression Izzy didn't really want to play him anymore because he felt like he was "broken", but what's more interesting than a broken character?

I can't stress enough how unimportant combat attributes are. People (and vampires for that matter) survive, adapt, trudge on. Yeah, WoD is a dangerous place, but there are more ways to survive and accomplish your goals than being a world reknown marksman and swordsman packing dual pistols and dual swords.

I understand the want to play an action hero, or a comic hero, or a movie hero and there IS a time and place for that. But if you make a character that rests solely on one thing, like combat prowess, and don't develop the personality past "he gets angry easy and has a dark, tragic past" (ala every action movie ever made), you'll be really bored sitting around "talking", and only be happy in a chron that is almost entirely combat.

The more I force characters to get into the story, the less realistic it is. The more feeling of "I don't need to worry, the ST will save me if I get in trouble". Most "normal" people would just go to work, go sit at the bar for a couple hours, go home, watch tv, masturbate, then go to sleep. We're not here to roleplay that. So if there's part of the story you're curious about, go for it. Take the initiative.

There IS a difference between "normal" and "realistic". When I think of "normal", I think "average". You don't have to play an average character to play a realistic one.

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by isador Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:47 pm

ShadowLance wrote: Hector is a good example. He started off fine, a decent Serpent of Light, but all the drama, danger, almost dying, loss of friends, gaining of allies, and learning of lessons made him a much more interesting and deeper character by the end of that chron. I get the impression Izzy didn't really want to play him anymore because he felt like he was "broken", but what's more interesting than a broken character?

THAT WASN'T THE REASON! Razz I just wanted to play Lysander, because Lysander....well, who wouldn't love him?
isador
isador
WOD Expert
WOD Expert

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:22 pm

Lol

well, I guess Lysander was hated slightly less

Ye evil cunt! Twisted Evil

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by isador Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:22 pm

ShadowLance wrote:Lol

well, I guess Lysander was hated slightly less

Ye evil cunt! Twisted Evil

Evil is my middle name Twisted Evil After something that i dont think you can pronounce in english...

And i mean you have plenty of goody-two-shoes in the chronicle! Need some evil in there to balance it out
isador
isador
WOD Expert
WOD Expert

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next