United-Kindred
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple STs?

+3
Trogers2
Doe
nanaloma
7 posters

Go down

Multiple STs? Empty Multiple STs?

Post by nanaloma Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:10 am

OK, I put a "?" after the subject si its a question, right? lol!

Really, no good place for this. This is just a thought - a thought from someone who has not gotten into a single game yet and has little RP experience - it occurs to me that a chronicle that routinely had rotating STs would be so unpredictable, with so many twists, that the story line would attract a larger following. From what I can see, STs "own" the chronicle and it takes on their persona somewhat. Probably not a good idea (mine, that is). Anyway, you can laugh now - my skin is thicker then that of a rhino. jocolor

Last edited by nanaloma on Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Number of posts : 44

Character Details
Past Intro?: N/A
Can RP: N/A

Back to top Go down

Multiple STs? Empty Re: Multiple STs?

Post by Doe Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:54 am

Well, RP games have ran like this for aslong as i have played them, 1 storyteller, tells his own storys how he sees fit without another ST coming along and screwing it up.

besides this wont work in KK IMHO, some STs use their own lore, some dont use a lore, some use the Requiem system and others the Masquerade system, smashing them all together will make a confusing and rather poor chron imho.
Doe
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Number of posts : 397

Character Details
Past Intro?: Yes
Can RP: Yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:22 pm

Doe wrote:sees fit without another ST coming along and screwing it up.

Sometimes when you get an experised ST join another game they will add in their own content be that character info via emotes or their own scene, an example is V in shadows game when Manah sent Hector into exile, V whispered to me an "ST only emote" telling me that I somehow notice he is upset.

I've also done this in Mopys games with Lucy, I had a fight with Luken and Hix but proformed the outcomes on my own with no rolling.

No I do not it messes up the game at all, and in some cases it can actually even be helpful.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Number of posts : 1095

Character Details

http://kindred-knights.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:23 pm

meh, i still think its an aweful idea. Let me know if you ever implement it in a future chron though Razz
Doe
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:16 pm

Doe wrote:meh, i still think its an aweful idea. Let me know if you ever implement it in a future chron though Razz

I agree, this idea I don't think it would work at all mainly becuase every ST has their own way od doing things, hosting a chronicle hosted by more than one ST can be problematic as a) every ST has different styles and ways of hosting B) can cause arguments and may be hard to agree on what is hosted. Shadow suggested a simlar thing. I suppose it could work depending on the game.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrogen Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:26 pm

well, me and izzy tried it with the tremere chronicle, it worked ok
Hydrogen
Hydrogen
Methuselah
Methuselah

Number of posts : 174

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:09 pm

Hydrogen wrote:well, me and izzy tried it with the tremere chronicle, it worked ok

did it? I don't think you made it pased 1 game if I recall it fell apart. Yeah sometimes if you the STs share the same intrests and ideas it can work, however putting some STs togther can conflict ideas and thus destory the game. I suppose it all depends on how you set things out.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaloma Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:33 am

Sometimes ideas by the inexperienced are good because they break through the mold; sometimes they are, well, not clown

I guess what I was thinking is that the several STs agree on the basics (OW/NW/No W, etc) and basic concept. Since different people think in different ways, each would make decisions that the other may not have and would have to live with it/run with it.

Anyway - I got to get my Hitachi problem solved so I can get into a game and at least have SOME experience alien

Hopefully when I do, the bandwidth usage won't be so high as to get my connection slowed down (my only option where I live is satellite - much faster then dial up (10x) but not high speed and use is limited by a "fair use" policy). Only way to know is to try.

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:18 pm

Basically, if you ever actually manage to play a game, you will notice instantley that multiple STing probably wont work!
Doe
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:22 pm

I would agree with Doe on this one. Although STs do sometimes add in their own content when joining other games (which is perfectly fine btw as I've seen this many times before, sometimes with flawless results) Hosting a chronicle shared over 3 STs will cause conflict and the chronicle will just end up falling apart, every ST has their own way of hosting i.e. V likes to host what comes into his head, Mopy likes to plan the content before hand, Matt (ICT) likes to talk things out with the players then base ideas on that etc...
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Multiple STs? Empty Send the thread back to torpor!

Post by ShadowLance Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:09 pm

V and I did this quite a few times and it was fun with no problems. Him hosting my game, and me hosting his game. Even though we used entirely different systems at the time (I used owod dice w char sheets, he used... nothing).

I guess what I was thinking is that the several STs agree on the basics (OW/NW/No W, etc) and basic concept.

This is what I suggested. Not trying to host the same chron with a half dozen different styles and lore, but agree on one beforehand.

And I ALSO said that it probably wouldn't work anyway Laughing

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Number of posts : 304

Character Details
Past Intro?: Wasn't tested

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaloma Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:00 am

ShadowLance wrote:V and I did this quite a few times and it was fun with no problems. Him hosting my game, and me hosting his game. Even though we used entirely different systems at the time (I used owod dice w char sheets, he used... nothing).

I guess what I was thinking is that the several STs agree on the basics (OW/NW/No W, etc) and basic concept.

This is what I suggested. Not trying to host the same chron with a half dozen different styles and lore, but agree on one beforehand.

And I ALSO said that it probably wouldn't work anyway Laughing

Seems to be the consensus - further thought plus what was said and I think so too. At some point, one ST would be bound to dominate and it would then be (more or less) owned. As I said, just a thought. Got an e-mail from F-Secure - hoping it is a fix to their firewall that I cannot access!

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:09 am

If I, as an ST put hours of RL time into a chronicle, created all the NPCs with their own backgrounds and personalities ect, the local political situation, conflicts in the town, sects ect, then yeah, i would pretty much expect to 'own' it Razz

As mopy says regarding Abn, ''his word is law'' which is perfectly fair, as it is his Chron.
Doe
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:36 pm

Doe wrote:, ''his word is law'' which is perfectly fair

A chronicle is nothing without the players, therefor players are actually apart of the "owning" as the chronicle must be something the players will enjoy playing otherwise the players leave, plain and simple.

Although the ST has the control over what goes on, that does not mean the Players are limited on what they can do i.e. Include bio material in game, add in NPCs into the game or add in your own weapons into the game.

Been an ST is a two-way-process, and the ST must make the game suitable for the Players, if the game is only based on what he/she wants, the game may simply hust go downhill. Therefor, I don't think you 100% "own" the chronicle as the players are the ones who will take control of the story, who dies/lives, where the players go etc...
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Erion Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:13 pm

Basickly all you need for a simple Multi STs hosting is just some understanding.
If both STs agree on the idea and dont mind sharing the storyteller position the
chronicle will become fairly rich with gameplay...
Depends on the main decision of the "couple" (i shall use couple for STs)
One coud host in his preferable way, the way he likes and add his own twist
The other can do the same, it doesn't need to be spectaculer as long as it works.
Example: The First person coud host one part of the story with his own twists.
The other might host another path of the story but viewed by another angle either
both leading to same events or to diffrent ones depending on the person at hand.
If one is either sick or away for some reason, but still has or has not contact with his
partner, then the secound one coud host for him untill he returns host either both styles
or just his own, it again falls on the decision of the both which requires mutual
understand and both are on the same opinion and so on and so on.
I gues this is the simplest way to say it, if not harder depending on you're point of view.
Victor Erion
Victor Erion
Antidelluvian
Antidelluvian

Number of posts : 274

Character Details

http://dulo.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ORi Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:26 pm

Takes alot of trust to do the 2 storytellers thing and both storytellers must be confidant that the other one can actuallly pull it off.

It only make sense to have 2 storytellers in the same session to handle larger groups, otherwise I see that doing more harm than good,

ORi
Ancillae
Ancillae

Number of posts : 38

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down