Athil The northman

Go down

Athil The northman

Post by VikingVampire on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:47 pm

Story: Athil was born in the year of our lord 821 far in the north..

Intro:

Being the only son of the tribe leader, Eskor. Athil was soon to come in age and take over as the new leader of the small village he came from.
Athil much as his father, was a fierce warrior. Trained in the ways to master both axe and sword alike.

During those times, norway was a rather harsh and cold land, suffering of poverty.

Norway was still not united into one kingdom, so in those times, there were more than one king. In this story, athil was no king
but simply a son of a dying hero, the cheiftain.

He set out for a journey to find himself, he was not yet ready to accept the responsibilities that were about to be left over him. His younger brother Eskild, momentarily stepped up, untill the time athil was ready.

Of course the moment athil had vanished from the town, eskor immediately reacted, sending his veteran warriors to bring him back. But with no success. A few years later, eskor did die over old age, and a new heir was chosen, and that was eskild.

(844)

Years passed, athil had grown up to be a remarkable man, traveling through the northern lands, as a lone wolf. Having built an amazing physique, he allowed people to hire him for all types of services, should it be to watch over the lambs, or even track down a thug who had wronged them, he did it all for a fair coin. However what about his faith? Ah well he did believe in the nordic mythology, he beleived in vallhalla.

Although, athil was slowly growing tired of this, reckless life style, where was the purpose? He had gotten enough at last. Having travelled for years, he sought his hometown, his friends, and foremost, Isabell.

The weather was not merciful at all, so cold.. and unbearable. Athil strove being packed in the finest cotton cloth, wrapped around him to keep his skin warm to the touch. His path had lead him through a vast forest,
the wind so cold, it hurt his eyes, the snow so thick it felt like if his feet were chained with heavy rocks. The moon was accompanied by the stars, and the only light that night had to offer. Athil had been going for hours now, it felt as if he had walked in circles, the falling snow covering up his tracks.

At last, stumbling upon a small town in the midst of the forest. It had giant walls made out of tree to protect the commoners inside, from wild animals or uninvited guests.

It was nothing too fancy, well in those days, nothing was fancy at all in my oppinion.

PART 1

I recall two guards standing infront of the large wooden gate. Each holding rusted spears, their cloth painted by the snow, and helmets obscurring their faces. I thought for an instant that they might've been foreigners.
The snow must've reached them up to their knees, cause they had not moved for a long while, or so i suspected. I had stood behind a large tree, hiding my presence from these guards. Having examimed them enough, i peacefully moved out from behind the tree and approached the two men. They had to see me by now, as i drove closer to them, i saw their eyes had been crystalized, their bodies dead, and frozen in place. Both of them. A brief shock raced through me. For how long had they been standing here? Then something struck me suddenly. The town was not emitting any light, nor sound. It was as dead as these guards. My eyes had gazed over to the gate between the frozen guards. My hand pushed at the gate, as it crackled open slowly, i had to use both of my hands to manage to get it up.

I roamed through the thick snow, cautiously i decided to bring my hand upon the hilt of my blade hanging down my waist. Fastening my fingers around it.

The entire town was dead, no light, no sound, no bodies, only the merciless cold the north had to offer. I looked around, almost in desperation, even shouting out now. I had not seen, or heard of a person for days, and to be honest. I was afraid shitless.

"Oie! is there someone here!?" I kept on going, wandering through the thick snow, moving up to the closest house to my left. it was big nonetheless, amazingly built, must've been least 2 stories tall. As i stood infront of the window close to the main entrance, i peered in.

I saw an old man, sitting in a chair. He had his eyes fixed at me. I could barely even see the rest of the room, there was something so very wrong with him.

For a moment i wondered, if he was like the guards, frozen and dead. But it was too dark, and i'm not even sure if he was real, or if i was hallusinating. It had been least a day since i ate.

I backed away from the window, for a moment, i was unable to feel the wind, i heard nothing but my own shallow breath.

The feeling that rose in me, that knot in my stomach, my heart beat faster against my chest, and i suddenly realised... Was i being... watched?

Glancing up behind from my left shoulder, and to one of the houses, i saw a shadowy figure on the rooftop, stareing down at me as i returned the emotionless stare.

"Where is everybody.." i said with a firm voice, nearly demanding it.

The figure quirked a wicked smile ontop of his facial features.

I drew out my blade, and swiftly pointed it at him, there was a small distance between us, but i was more than certain that my voice did reach him, nevertheless, my obvious threat.
"Answer me, or i will make you...."

From the rooftop, he backed away most certaintly, and the thickness of the wind and snow, no longer allowed me to keep a trace of him. I turned back around to the house, searching for the window i had peered in through, making my way back over, i stared in, and now.. the old man was no longer there, i broke the glass with my elbow, grabbing at the ledges, i climbed in.

And the moment i was inside, i saw torches on the walls, being lit by an unseen force, glowing brightly and revealing the entire room to me, i was astonished to see this all happen. I felt a warmth greet me, and honestly, a tiny bit of comfort.

The room was big, perhaps it used to be a dining room, i saw shields and swords hang on the walls, but then it hit me, there was a stench in this room, the unmistakable stench.

It lured me through the room, to the next, again some torches were lit and i was guided to the main lobby, it was empty, but a chair in the middle. No i was not hallusinating, there was an old man there, and as before, his eyes were stareing at me. He had no expression, but i could see the coldness in his eyes, his hatred.

His clothing was of a fashion i did not recognize, what fabric? it was red and most beautiful, i thought for a moment he might actually be a roman. But then again, i was never set out to be a tailor.

"Are you here to take me..... stranger" The man said with an angered voice. "Are you here to take me as you did everyone else? ... Do it.. i'm not afraid of you"

I frowned, and spoke back with a calm but yet serious tone of voice " Take you? no.. What has happened here.. why is this town so empty.. who took them? "

He seemed to for a moment calm down a little, not as tense as he was when he rose up, but i saw him reach for something behind his chair, a knife.

"Mind games now.. is that how you wan't to do it son? Where is she!?" And in the midst of his hostile accusations towards me, crackle came from the second floor. Footsteps, moving quickly above us.

I looked back to the old man, and i realised my hand was still i glued around the hilt of my sword, i asked him quietly. "Is there someone else here..."

He stared at me for a moment, and then shook his head.

"We're not alone.." I beckoned the old man over to me, but he did not move, giving me that defiant look, holding the knife in his hand. " No, you will not decieve me..."

VikingVampire
fledgeling
fledgeling

Number of posts : 14

Character Details
Past Intro?: Yes
Can RP: Yes

Back to top Go down

Re: Athil The northman

Post by VikingVampire on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:47 pm

Seconds passed by, and already by then, i was moving over to the man, i had not yet convinced him of my part in all this, for all i knew, he might've painted me as one of the "kidnappers" but who was really being decieved?

I skidded infront of the old man, And the rushing sound came from behind me, there was someone there again, my eyes were on the old man. I pushed him back with my left hand, spinning around on my heels, ducking in the process, turning around swiftly, i swung the length of my sword in the direction where i was most certain i heard someone. Nothing, there was nothing there, but air as my blade lowered down. I remained down in a crouched position. Looking towards the exit, a big wooden door. The lobby went silent again, i peeked back over my shoulder to see if the old man was alright, and as i did, he was nowhere to be found. A stinging pain coarsed through me, and everything went dark.

I woke up several hours later, on some hay, i laid uncomfortably, god knows how long i had been there. Daylight had finally reached me, and so did the events of the former night.

Where was i, in a barn? I slowly rose up on my feet, i had an imense headache, a banging continously going on in my head. I felt my hair was thicker, around the exact spot where my head hurt the most, was it blood? it had to be.

I gathered my things, little of what they were and then walked out from the barn. It was not snowing anymore, and i could finally see the sun on the sky, shining down, it was so strong it hurt my eyes. I decided to make my way out from the town, and continue on my venture back home. But i had this uneasy feeling, i could not just leave...i had to get to the bottom of this..

Hours passed, and day changed to night, the atmosphere once more eerie. I stood in the center of the town. Surrounded by small wooden houses, and music the wolves made kept me with company. What was i waiting for exactly.. My eyes darted up to watch the night sky silently. I saw her, i saw isabell, i remembered her beautiful petite body, those endlessly blue eyes of her, her long brown hair tied into a ponytail. Her fragile body... i missed her... I was supposed to have married her by now, as the son of the chieftain, it was my duty. But I was not ready... nor was she...

Something approached me from behind, naturally i stood up, turning around to face him. The black figure, dressed in dark robes, his face no longer visable, hid under the hood.
His arms were crossed over on his chest, and quietly he remained stareing at me.

"Where is the old m- " he interupted me coldly "You do not belong here viking" he acted so smoothly, not threatned by me at all. Perhaps i wasn't trying hard enough. But something crossed my mind, why was i careing about all this? What was it to me... i did not know anyone who lived here... could be that i actually for once, stopped thinking about myself.. i was curious.

I grinned, tilting my head a little to the left. "you're right, i don't, but amuse me, why is this town so damned empty? Why was i knocked unconcious last night..."

The figure took small steps over the snow, getting closer to me, and i could see his eyes under the hood. And as he got even closer, i could see his face... it was scarred, but i could not determine his age exactly.. was he younger or older than myself... He was slightly smaller than me in size, but he did not feel intimidated by this at all.

"You are asking alot of questions, viking... It does not concern you.. Leave this cursed town behind, and be on with your way back from where you came... "

He was a few meters away from me, and i felt tense.. His presence was intoxicating. Was i not supposed to bend him by now? Or was it the thought that i could not even if i tried? " Just tell me... what did you do to everyone here... "

The man in the robes let out a dry chuckle, shaking his head to my persistance. " There are things beyond your comprehension northman, but if you must know.... " He paused, looking at me with a silent amusal, he enjoyed the way he was making me tense... I broke out "Tell me! " reaching down for my blade, to warn him. But my feeble threats did not work the slightest. In a flash he came at me, i barely managed to react, i saw his fist come towards my face, roaring through the falling snow, i twisted my body to the left, throwing myself to the side rolling around to recover. he was so fast i couldn't draw my blade, he came at me again, and i instinctively like a bull filled with rage, dashed over in return, both of us crashing into eachother, he was smaller than me, yet his strength doubled mine, he swung me over his back, and threw me back down, to only flicker above me, and shoot his foot down my throat, to keep me pinned.

VikingVampire
fledgeling
fledgeling

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by VikingVampire on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:48 pm

I gasped out, my hands grasping at his foot, trying to push it away, but it did not move... not the slighest. What was he? how did he do it? Was it me who was weak because of my injury?

"Do not threaten me northman, you are no match for me... You have intrigued me... A man with reason would've left the first moment he had, but not you... not you..." Finishing his sentance his lips twisted into yet another monstrous wicked smile. His eyes glimmering the reflection of the moon.

"What does life mean to you... son.. Are you willing to risk your own upon those you do not know?"

He did not ease up on the pinning foot on my throat, i was unable to draw air into my loungs, my eyes widdening bellow him, and then with a pure reflex, i shot my hand down to my belt, grabbing at handle of my sword, pulling it out from the sheath with a metalic noise, hooking it upward to pierce his thigh and it successfully went through, blood pouring down the cold metal, his foot moved away from my throat just about the time i withdrew my blade out from his leg, rolling away, coughing loudly, my throat was sore, and i just barely managed to recover quickly enough to understand what was about to happen. There was not even a grimace of pain on his face, no.. he did not release me because of the pain... he released me because he wanted to... he was toying with me, i was a tiny brick in his huge game.. I knew, that i could not win... i understood at last, yes... he was not human, he couldn't have been.

I slowly struggled back up looking down my blade, it was painted in his blood, and i scanned the man again slowly.

He let out another chuckle, shaking his head at what he saw in me.

" I admire you" his lips smacked, and i felt a greater discomfort, despite the position i was in.

He came at me, and i saw his features for what they were, his eyes were grey, and his body was fragile, but sustained a power i could never have, he moved faster than my eyes could follow, and i felt an impact crash at my chest, and with that, my eyes darkened once more, but i must've least been thrown a great distance, my back was sore so i probably hit a house...

Hours or days, i am unaware, but i woke up in this, dungeon. In a cell, it was small and i felt like a caged wolf, there was this agony in my body, i could not move, and i felt this distinct pain on my neck. My body was cold, and most of my cloth were removed. He left me to freeze. I wanted so desperately to move up on my feet, but i could not. I was starving to death, i was so weak, helpless. My sword was nowhere to me seen. resting into the wall, i could not feel my body anymore.. for the first time in my life... i thought... could this be it, is this my end? it all seemed so ironical to me.. but it happened, and i had no saying in this.. I would face the end.

My eyes were fixated on the cell, and the dark corridor which followed. A barely glowing torch could be seen in the distance. My mouth was dry, eyes struggling to remain open. I shivered, and again a spasm of pain came from my neck, i gritted my teeth. I saw him, the dark shadowy figure. he walked confidently, and now his clothing was different, but i knew it was him.. somehow.

he stood outside my cell, leaning towards the barrs, holding them. And for a moment i was certain that a playful smile worked on his face, he enjoyed to see me suffer like this.

I tried to speak, but there was no voice. He stood there for least five minutes, just watching me with a secret pleasure.

" I have taken your life, viking... for as worthless as it might seem.. You will not live out this night... You will die and everything you ever loved, will not matter... "

A single thought came to me... a name and a face... Isabell... i wanted to see her so much... so much it hurt me.. a rage built up in me again, but it was pointless, my body would not move.

He paused again watching me trying to break loose. untill he spoke out again, but this time his voice was so much softer.

"Ah yes... that lost look in your eyes.. there is someone you're thinking about... a lover hmm? Of course... you pathetic man.. you're thinking about a girl aren't you... Do you wan't to see her again ?"

Why was he asking me all this? was there a purpose? he was mocking me, testing my limit. Ahh yes, this was all but a test..

I was distracted by my own thoughts, his voice and mere presence, to the images of isabell, everything collided, and i found myself lost, and for the first time in my life, i was afraid.

" What if.... i could bestow a life of immortality upon you, northman? If i granted you ever lasting life... you could see her again... your beloved girl... Would you give in to that temptation? "

Immortality, was i that pathetic? he was lying to me! There was no way this could be real... It was not a death i had imagined. I always wanted to be killed on the battlefield.. The death of a true warrior, to enter the halls of vallhalla, to join my ancestors, and raise the mug of mead, and drink till our bellies were full, and then fight for the heck of it! But no, this would not happen. I would die in a unfit scenery, die in a damned dungeon with a man mocking me!

I glanced up at him defiantly, if i was to die, i would die with my honor intact. My voice came back, and i used it with a dying breath, uttering out the words.

" No.. " The man rolled back his hood to it hang from his collar. I saw his face for what it was. Pale, his eyes were grey and as he spoke, i saw his teeth, he had fangs, much like the wolves which hunted our town. He was not human, he couldn't have been. My answer thrilled him, he bursted out in a volumed laugh, tilting his head to the side.

"Are you certain, viking?"

I nodded weakly and drifted my gaze to the side, my time had come, and i would now die.

" You pass... " He said, smiling softly to me. " You pass viking... the first one who has refused this dark gift.. "
I saw him move for the barred door, opening it, and rusty as it was, it made a unbearable noise, he moved in to the cell, approaching me, and everything happened so fast. He knelt down infront of me, grasping at my biceps, pulling me in to his embrace, i felt a sting of pain on my neck again, my eyes went wide for a moment, before they closed, i soon after felt something press at my lips, i was at the brink of death, and he had given me his wrist, bleeding with blood, i tried to refuse it first, but i could not keep on doing it, i gave in, and drank what he offered. The blood travelled into me, i felt something, intoxicating, it was like life had been given back to me, i moaned against his wrist, drinking faster and harder, i wanted more... more... He pulled his wrist away, and looked down at me, i fell down laying on my side, i had met my death. My body was dying, a mortal death. I was stepping over, i saw my life flash infront of my eyes. I saw my father, my brother... i saw isabell. the town i grew up in.

Now i am certain you are eager to know about what had happened to the town? Or my very embrace... Well i do like to keep people guessing a little... i will tell you my real story now... The part where me, and my "brother in darkness". I was embraced into the clan of brujah, and he was my sire as i was his childer. I was with him for not more than a year, he taught me everything i had to know, but i could not get her out of my mind, isabell.. I stayed with him in the tower, and there were people there, from the village most likely. Our living bloodbags. But i was reluctant to leave his side, but i had to move on. I had no more purpose to linger at his side. it took me a few months to venture back to my old childhood town.

I recall standing on the outskirts, on a hilltop watching over the town like a crow. I was different now, i was not human. I was, a kindred, a vampire... a monster.

I could hear the villagers easily from where i stood. i saw the big building, the town hall, it was a huge wooden marvel in those ages. I intently gazed, for i was now to return, to my family... and confront isabell at last.. the one i had been thinking about for years.

End of part 1.

Appearance:

Athil is tall, standing 6’3. Having broad shoulders and a well built body gotten through extensive training.

His hair is long reaching down to his shoulders, blonde and thick.

His eyes being olive green, aswell holding some confidence and determination.
His arms are big, and well muscled, having the typical scandinavian look about him.

Strengths: Being a trained warrior, he is remarkably good in close combat, enduring pain as if it was nothing, having superb reflexes, and flawless footwork, despite his barbaric fighting style. His melee skills being top notch.

Weaknesses: Has a short fuse, easily angered, speaks out his mind without thought. Has comitment issues! No physical disabilities.

Clan: Brujah

Generation: 7

VikingVampire
fledgeling
fledgeling

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by VikingVampire on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Keep it in mind that i totally wrote all that in an hour and half =P Feedback! and i will work out the rest sometime soon Smile

VikingVampire
fledgeling
fledgeling

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:57 pm

I think this gets the 2nd longest bio award, I'll start reading this later.

StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Number of posts : 1095

Character Details

http://kindred-knights.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VikingVampire on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:53 am

Part 2

I strolled down the hill quietly. My hair was tied in a ponytail, my skin was pale, and my clothing was thin, seeing as the harsh coldness of the wind barely touched me. The town had not changed a bit since i last saw years ago, the gates still stood, the road was still there leading me, even though i knew the way better than anyone, remembering my childhood years.

I saw a figure standing infront of the gate, a person i did not remember, my brother must’ve placed him on duty. I was not armed with anything but my old sword, which my father had bequetted upon me, our family blade.

Yes this man was definetly from the same town as i. The manner of how he dressed in cotton.

Having the heavy edge of the axe resting on his one shoulder, it seemed like if he was sleeping for a moment, perhaps it was for the better. I was i no mood to make a scene, or wake up the town over my unexpected return. A thought came to me, and i considered it. I changed my route, treading away from the guard and the main gate, walking around the wooden walls surounding the town, Too big for any man alone to climb, the tips pointy and could so very easily impale any tresspasser.

This intruiged me, eskild had done something wise, keeping out the wolves, spies or outcasts… But it was not enough to keep me out. I easily leaped over them quietly, roaming through the air as it seemed for a moment, not a single soul saw me, nor heard me. I landed easily on a rooftop, close to the wooden wall which was supposed to have kept me outside.

Naturally i would peer around, taking in my surroundings, and little had changed, memories came back to me, and i found myself smiling youthfully from where i stood. The town hall was least a few hundred meters away from me, as a mortal it would’ve taken me a short while, but as a vampire… it would be a matter of seconds. But i was not here to meet eskild, i couldn’t after the way i ”ran” how could i look him in the eyes, and say that i had safely returned from my exile.

No i was not here for eskild, i was here for her… for isabell.

In my mortal days, i remember the days i snuck to their small house, i had seen around fifteen winters then, i was a stupid reckless young man.

Isabell was promised to me, my father the chief and her father had arranged our marriage.

She was the most beautiful being i knew about. Her very presence was mesmerizing. And i could only wonder, how she would look before my new vampire eyes.

The hour was late, and she was most likely sleeping by now, and it would be ill advised if i woke her up, it would’ve been too sudden, and too spontanious of a move from my side. But i came all this way, and i had to. I made up my mind, i lowered down to the ground from the rooftop, gently without a sound. The road was narrow and it felt like if the walls closed in on me.

It was not a normal thing to walk alone at this time of the night, so i had to be cautious, i would not want to arouse the guards enough to make a huge fuss out of it, furthermore, i would not want to be forced back to rely on my other.. powers to silence them.

I could at last see the house in the distance as i got closer, i stopped.

”isabell” i whispered to myself. I felt her scent in the air.

But it was not yet time.. My visiting hours was coming to an end, I had warily paid attention to the sky above me, brightening ever so slowly. Tomorrow I said to myself with a smile, feeling that faint emotion of my human excitement, perhaps it was not that abnormal if I was able to feel it even in death.

I had to retreat back to my sanctuary, a barn outside the town, not too far away. It was a perfect place to hide during the embrace of the sunlight,

The following night I had fed, and I felt well rested. The night was like a cloak keeping the sun behind, and I was free to move out as I saw fit.

It must’ve been around midnight, I walked like a lost son back to my home. A little intrigued, and I could only imagine what kind of welcome they would give me, but this was all but a mind game to pass the time.

Like the night before I leapt over the wooden wall, quickly recovering below, and making my way over to the house where I would find my dearest isabell. Hastefully, the years of my lust had surfaced, and I found myself running. I saw the eyes of the guards rest on me as I passed them one by one, my speed increasing. I came to a skidding halt, standing outside of the house, I could see light inside through the window from where I stood. Hearing murmuring, and her sweet voice, like music to my ears. But as I focused, the conversation she had, was not with her father… but with another man, that voice rang a bell, it was all too familiar.. “Who could it be?” I asked myself quizically, a frown worked on my face, I disapproved of this, was there another man in there with her? I wasn’t certain, I had to find out. I lowered down some, lurking my way over to the window, pressing to the wall, I discretely looked in. Isabell had blossomed into a fine woman, her beauty could not be described, even if I tried, I would loose myself in the thought of her.. Her brown hair was as before, tied behind in a ponytail, her clothing was nothing much, a simple brown dress ,but even in that ,she appeared like something beyond a human, a goddess.

My brief fascination of her ended, I was now distracted by this other figure, he must’ve been around my height, and physique. He was blond, like me.. His eyes blue, and he had a goatee. And then it struck me, this man resembled my father, this man who stood in the room with isabell, was eskild.. The man who was the cheiftain of this town.. My brother. I kept on looking through the thick glass, watching the two of them, I felt some anger, but with what right? I did run away back in the day, she was no longer mine to marry. I stood like a statue, not moving an inch, my eyes fixated on the pair. They seemed to be talking, both close to eachother, they seemed like a couple from what one could guess. I for the first time in my life envied my own brother, but I did not come all this way to be jealous, I would speak to her.. And that tonight.

I heard a voice behind me, a man addressing me rudely, interupting my little “reunion”. The voice of the man reached isabell and eskild, both turned to the window, and I stood there, looking back at them, they saw me. Both reacting suddenly, I could see isabell utter my name out from her lips, she was shocked, eskild did show some shock himself, perhaps it was sudden, and the hour of the night was awkward. The guard hurried over to me, I felt his firm hand grasp on my shoulder, pulling me back away from the window, and I naturally reacted to it, twisting my way around from his grip, masterly reaching out for his neck with one hand, and the other went to grasp at his wrist, disarming him of the sword in a simple movement, and seconds passed as I had him under me. Isabell’s door opened and eskild came running out, but by that time, I was already gone, standing on a rooftop a few hundread meters away. Looking at him, but he was unable to see me.

“ Have you claimed my isabell for yourself now, eskild.. My brother” The words just came out from me in a whisper, I was questioning his motives I disapproved of…

”Perhaps this was a bad idea.. I am no longer a part of their world… But yet I am selfish enough to come, following my own desire, and not what is reasonable.. Andrey, where are you now.. where is your mockery.. “

That night, I finally decided to leave them in peace. I was dead to the world, I was dead to them, it was a grave mistake to show my face to them, if it was just for a moment. It was too much.

I did leave my town in the first place to find myself, and perhaps I did… Maybe I was ment to be what I am now.. There are loose ends, but I cannot involve myself anymore with the mortal realm, more than necessary. The chapter of my human life ends here…

VikingVampire
fledgeling
fledgeling

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down