United-Kindred
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sprinkle a bit of PHP on the timetable problem...

5 posters

Go down

Sprinkle a bit of PHP on the timetable problem... Empty Sprinkle a bit of PHP on the timetable problem...

Post by Vampirella.Lover Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:07 am

PROPOSAL FOR A DYNAMIC KK GAME CALENDAR

While playing Tom's game today, and after him mentioning he never knew when games are scheduled... BOOM! Idea popped into my head.

Why not use the PHP/MySQL hosting I have and put it to good use by making an ST.editable calendar? It may take a few weeks to get things going, and I want some comments about the idea.

Each ST can apply for their own account, and they will be able to post what date and (optionally) time the game will occur, the probability, in percent, of that game occurring, and any notes related to the game and its likelihood of occurring.

Recurring dates may or may not be implemented - the way things are running on KK now, ity may not be worth it, and it depends on if I write my own script or find a good one online.

As for STs applying for an account, yes, they really do APPLY, and I will have to approve them. This is to keep the calendar free of spam and unwanted events - it's just for games and nothing else!

NO REGISTRATION WILL BE REQUIRED TO VIEW THE CALENDAR - only to post events. Which means that the posters - the STs - should be wise in what they post, if this project goes along.

And no, emails will not even be implemented. They're static, and the point of this is to have a dynamic calendar in which games can be planned and/or scrapped.

This is where my idea is right now. If there is enough approval, I'll give myself the personal green light for this thing. If it's ever put up, the next step would be for the STs to actually USE it. That is all.
Vampirella.Lover
Vampirella.Lover
Neonate
Neonate

Number of posts : 23

Character Details
Past Intro?: Yes
Can RP: Yes

http://vamplover.co.cc/

Back to top Go down

Sprinkle a bit of PHP on the timetable problem... Empty Re: Sprinkle a bit of PHP on the timetable problem...

Post by doanlockheart Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:01 am

Hmmmm. This is a good idea in my opinion. I would use it for games that I plan in advance.
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Number of posts : 140

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Sprinkle a bit of PHP on the timetable problem... Empty Re: Sprinkle a bit of PHP on the timetable problem...

Post by Hydrogen Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:27 am

good idea VL
Hydrogen
Hydrogen
Methuselah
Methuselah

Number of posts : 174

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Kikopuz Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:05 pm

Good, some ORGANIAZION after all :p
Kikopuz
Kikopuz
Methuselah
Methuselah

Number of posts : 153

Character Details
Past Intro?: Not tested

http://www.united-kindred.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:56 pm

A similar thing has been suggested many times before

( https://united-kindred.rpg-board.net/vtmr-f9/some-orginiazion-t300.htm )

isador wrote:My view on this is poorly, most ST's (namely doan, mopy and shadow) cant host at specific times because of things going on in their personal life. Same goes for some players.

Making a schedule will end up just as bad as before

Moepy wrote:Working in Shifts its impossible to Shedule Games, in general Real Life and Work get in the way of Playing a lot, not all of us are still at school with a buttload of time,
I keep hosting when I have a) Time b) Players c) Feel like it

My veiw:

I have given the KK features to help with planning games in advance such as www.kindred-knights.ning.com but they are not used. A lot of the site is php code, I myself don't understand a lot of it or how it works. If we were to go down that road you would have to write it VL. On which note this rises the question will it be used?

However I do like this idea, it's just a matter of "who" and "where". People missing games or not been aware of games has always been a problem which eventually leads down the same road which is that chronicle turning towards only the players who turn up restrcting players who do want to play.

An example was ABN, I myself missed 3/4s of the game as they were randemly hosted which lead to me withdrawing. I think VLs idea may help to plan games that ARE taking place which can always be cansled if needed. However MSN is used mainly for that or the forums so I don't really see any need.

Bottom Line: The reason games are all over the place is because they are planned when the ST has free time )which is often randem thus can not be planned) and when players are "around" thus games are "hard" to keep track of. The only way around this problem is to actually tell players that a game is going to be hosted (which is what I do) however some games seem to be "limited" to who can join them.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Number of posts : 1095

Character Details

http://kindred-knights.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down