FAQs (taken from site)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

FAQs (taken from site)

Post by Trogers2 on Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:24 pm

How do i become a member of the KK?

Easy, just ask, at first you will be entered as a guest, this is to test if you are able to rp and are sensible. If you pass you become a full member!

What is the difference between Guest and Member?

A guest is a player who is new to the KK, a guest is someone who is under the eye of the KK. we will be examining you in game play to see if you are suitable and can role play with us. If you pass you become a member, and will be allowed to have your own skin with its history on our website. Members are more trustworthy in the KK, Anruca will make your very own sword and amour if you become a member as a special reward.

Where do i find the KK files you use for role play?

They can be found in the Kindred-knights files section. (http://kindred-knights.webs.com/kindredknightfiles.htm)

How to make a RP skin:

There are a couple of rules we use with skins used for RP. These we use to make the whole experience more realistic.

First, he/she is not allowed past elder rank, once you're upgrading your character and you hit "Elder" rank, stop upgrading. Secondly, you're only allowed to have two of your attributes to level 70, with one of these 2 slightly above 70. Any other skills you have cannot go above 40. Though it's up to you to determin your Gen (generation, the lower your generation, de stronger a vampire you are) please try to keep it reasonable. However, dont make skins with a gen lower then 7, thats our limit. Also, write a little history about your character and send these to Trogers (dont be afraid to write big wads of text!) these will be posted on the appropriate histories page so everyone can recognize you ingame!

Anything else skin related of which i gotta think in RP?

There are some clan related issues. First of all, you cannot learn more then 1 discipline foreign to your clan. Below are the special RP rules for each clan.

Nosferatu: Must play a nosferatu skin. Cannot walk over the street past normal humans unless obfuscate is on.

Tremere: Can learn either all thaumathurgy discipline groups or 1 foreign discipline.

Cappadocians: No modern day skins. (yumi is the exeption...for now Razz)

Giovanni: No dark ages skin.

What should I consider when making my skins history?

Your history can be anything UNLESS! it is a history that relates to semi-god or god like histories such as "You are Caine’s father" or "You are gods plaything" your history has to be normal and plausible!! such as "You were embraced on the day of your birthday, Lust for vengeance still fills your heart from that day" note: (these history examples are in short, a real history for your skin will be much longer). If you are stuck on making a history think of a game you like apart from VtMR such as The lord of the rings. REMEMBER! you are not a god/antediluvian your history has to be normal like any others.

When do you play?

Every night if possible. It would help if you had a messenger such as MSN or yahoo - msn is recommended but other messengers are fine -, this is so i can contact you and arrange our next RP session.

Is it just you who role plays?/Can i set up my role play?/Do other members role play?

No,yes,yes i am not the only one who hosts role plays. Anruca, Zonados and Enrico also host their different chronicles, all with different storylines to mine. If you want more information on this ask them on msn.

What is your chronicle all about?

My chronicle is set in "Modern times" you are a human, ghoul or a vampire. Depending on what clan you chose or what race you are I.E human, the storyline changes. For example, a Tremere could find it hard joining the Camarilla and a human will not be welcomed by vampires due to events in the story.

How does the chronicle work?

Like real life, you wander around on your own doing as you please, but you will run into troubles on your way. (depending on the question above). Other players such as ANRUCA will be on the game too but following a different story. You can run into other players such as Anruca or Zonados, it's up to you to make friends with them or not, bear in mind (question above) they are following a different storyline to you and could possible be your enemy. You can also get job for money, make friends with NPCs such as Dan the bouncer and join groups such as the Camarilla. My chronicle works like real life, it is possible to get the police on you and even possible to get a whole clan on you and even a whole group e.g. the Sabbat. In my Role-play you should be careful who you trust and careful what you do. (it does not mean that you can't make friends you are welcome to join other players if you bump into them)

I saw your Goverment coverup video, does that mean your a hack and slash group?

No! We host Hack and slash only for that chronicle and mess around games!

Who runs the kindred-knights?

Just me. Used to run it with Enrico, there is a slight change he is coming back, if not i will continue to lead the kindred-knights.

What would happen if your Computer broke?

If my pc broke either the KK would be on hold until i get back up again or i would temporarily put someone else in charge. if this were to happen i would inform you don't worry. This is quite rare.

What other role-play groups are there?

I am unable to answer that question. Ask me on MSN if you want to find out more.

Do you use hamachi?

No! However there is an RP group that does, I can not mention them here contact me on Msn for more info.

When were the KK formed?

When me and Enrico were on a game (the mansion chronicle), it was my idea to form an rp group to keep us together as a group i came up with he name Kindred-Knights

Enrico wanted the name Kool Kindred Knights lol. I set up the Website Thanks to Kiko/Enrico for the massive help he has given me in setting it up. I can go into more detail, just ask me about it Wink

Who makes the videos?/Can i give you or help you make a video?

Me and Yes you may help me make the videos if you would like. Just ask I would be grateful for the help.

our Youtube channel is found here - www.youtube.com/user/kindredKnights -

we also have a mess around youtube account - www.youtube.com/KKmessAROUND -

Can i become a leader of the kindred-knights?

A KK leader is chosen wisely so chances are you will not be chosen to be a KK leader or website editor, this is because we hold the risk of players not been able to handle it or destroying the site. In short the chances are slim.

If i wanted to Host a chronicle, what would i do?

Easy, just ask me and ill arrange the details.
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Number of posts : 1095

Character Details
Past Intro?: Yes
Can RP: Yes

http://kindred-knights.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FAQs (taken from site)

Post by Trogers2 on Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:08 pm

Something else worth pointing out is the kindred knights have no stable chronicles, we have many...our main one been twisted down, we host other main chronicles based on Pnp games, though we tend to host them rearly. We also host Hack and slash based games as well as Pnp (rolling based) games.

The kindred knights have three systems (all created to fit the players syle, we do not force the player to pick one system. If the plyaer likes hack and slash at the level of single player, we can do that or hack and slash at a controled level or a mixture of both rolling and hack and slash we have that)

Our hack and slash system works in two ways
1) major! at the content of single player (mass killing of 1 - 3 levels.
2) Role play hack and slash, works more contorled all battles, disciplines and events are based on this system, the number of battles are controled there will be no more then 2/3 battles (depending on either the chronicle or the action of the player) Noobies find this system more affective.

Our rolling system works in two ways.
1) Hybird, works using both hack and slash and rolling all events are rolled (i.e rolling per to notice someone run across the roof) while the fighting is hack and slash.
2) everything is rolled, more advanced players like this sytem better. I only host these games for our more advanced players.

Things to remember, do not be put of because hack and slash is used, it is purly to fit different people who profear different styles of rp..
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Erion on Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:51 pm

I must say all this to remember? Well i do follow these rules, just thinking about this? uhm... is if i was in prison Shocked .
No worries i can handle some rules... Razz

Antidelluvian
Antidelluvian

Number of posts : 274

Character Details

http://dulo.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:55 pm

anruca wrote:I must say all this to remember? Well i do follow these rules, just thinking about this? uhm... is if i was in prison Shocked .
No worries i can handle some rules... Razz

They are not "Rules" These are just some questions that people might want to know about us for example,

When do the kindred-knights play?
my answer would be every night if possible around once twice a week.

StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Erion on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:35 pm

O Shocked Wohoooo Very Happy ok then... Arrow

Antidelluvian
Antidelluvian

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Files Needed

Post by nanaloma on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:55 am

First of all, hello. I am new to RP and just discovered Redemption recently. As a real newbie, I think an adjustment is needed in the FAQs since the files are no longer available except at Planet Vampire. They are not organized in a way there that lets me know which ones I need so I downloaded a composite that I hope has the needed files. I also noticed that the last planned game was in May? Are things still active?

In addition, I'm working on my history and such and I need to create my character. I suppose I am on hold until I discover what files are actually needed and how to get them loaded. Am I correct in assuming that, before I can complete the form, I need to go into the multi game and create a character based on the allowable XPs with excess being saved into the actual game? Since the game has default XPs for this, one of the download files modifies that aspect, correct? Anyway, I have a history on notepad that is (I hope) ready for submission but seem stuck on character creation as noted above.

I can make time to play most any night (usually by 2000 hr Pacific Time and am usually doing some gaming until the wee hours of the morning - generally until the sun starts to rise - really - no joke!).

My history: medically retired and probably older then most of you. I abhor the massive online games so have done little to no role playing. Actually, most of my gaming has been war games as I was once a board gamer of the Avalon Hill variety (I did mention being old, right? Smile ). I've played Bloodlines and have read some of the OWoD literature but that is about it. It does sound like something I'd enjoy since the player numbers are kept fairly small and it allows for some imagination and thinking rather then quick reflexes.

Hope things are still happening here for newbies (it appears the chronicles are still going strong).

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Number of posts : 44

Character Details
Past Intro?: N/A
Can RP: N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Erion on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:07 am

Wellcome! nice to meet you feel your self at home. Razz
To answer your questions...
Yes! we do still play but it does seem that there hasnt been any evidence due to people not beeng sure if they can host that direct day or will something importent happen...
Also!, you woud need to get a litle program called hamachi so you can play with the others of the group.
After that vpaine was closed about a month a go or more i actualy dont remember...
But not to worrie the files can still be found at planet vampire, they have been moved there after the deletion of the site.
For which files you need exactly well you gotta ask Trogers, why? you ask, well thats simple i serious dont remeber which files are still beeng used and which arent so thats the best option.
Other than that, well Trogers has hosted for the newcomers and familiarised them with the game and the diffrent styles of rp/chronicles.
Think that rather explains things, for more help well feel free to ask around, im sure that every one woud be glad to say something... well best of luck and i hope you enjoy your stay. Arrow

Antidelluvian
Antidelluvian

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaloma on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:33 am

Thanks. I do have Hamachi but I'd sure like to change my name (its Redemption!). Seemed like a good idea at the time. I did find the files at the Planet (one gets redirected there from this site) but guess I'll have to find Trogers. Did ask him once via e-mail but he just said to use the site here and didn't reply to my reply. BTW, you can thank (curse?) Sig from Planet Vampire for recommending the Knights.

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:35 am

Chrons are still going strong. We have PhoneixBN AmsterdamBN, Baton Rogue BN and TokeoTDSBN running alongside each other.

Check the KK website for the files you need, no need to go randomly scrawling around PV Razz

Its nice to see you have a basic knowledge of WoD, as most new/old players dont. read more as its best to know/
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Number of posts : 397

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrogen on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:25 am

Trogers2 wrote:For example, a Tremere could find it hard joining the Camarilla

WTF? the Tremere was one of the founding clans of the camarilla Razz
Hydrogen
Methuselah
Methuselah

Number of posts : 174

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Erion on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:48 am

well yeah you can change your name in hamachi, its easy...
you open up hamachi, then click the button configure hamachi, after that you click preferences and in the status option theres a button change nickname.
Thats all there is to it, hope i helped a litle...
Razz

Antidelluvian
Antidelluvian

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:15 pm

Hydrogen wrote:
Trogers2 wrote:For example, a Tremere could find it hard joining the Camarilla

WTF? the Tremere was one of the founding clans of the camarilla Razz

And were one of the main Clans beind the sects growth.The are afterall the scholars.
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Number of posts : 397

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Erion on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:16 pm

hate tremere Mad

Antidelluvian
Antidelluvian

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaloma on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:50 pm

Doe wrote:

Check the KK website for the files you need, no need to go randomly scrawling around PV Razz

Well, that was sort of the point - it says "site closed" and redirects you to Planet Vampire. Basically, one cannot get the files from the KK site (anymore - I assume since the Paine site closed) and they were not marked in any way I can decipher that tells me which files are needed for here.

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaloma on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:59 pm

anruca wrote:well yeah you can change your name in hamachi, its easy...
you open up hamachi, then click the button configure hamachi, after that you click preferences and in the status option theres a button change nickname.
Thats all there is to it, hope i helped a litle...
Razz

Yes, thank you. Its been changed to "Nanaloma".

Last edited by nanaloma on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispelled word)

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Erion on Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:44 pm

alright here is the link to the files that were moved all of them... for specific files well ya got to talk with the hosts and Trogers or just look at the KK site and download the ones apointed there.
http://www.planetvampire.com/files/paine/index.html
hope i helped a bit...

Antidelluvian
Antidelluvian

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:44 pm

ok firstly, Nanaloma nice to meet you, it seems anruca has answered most of your questions.

Firstly, Hydrogen. Regarding the tremere question. This thread is actually pretty old and back then we didn't have a WOD host this would of been a none world of darkness trait, back then the chronicle was going through a bit of difficulty the Giovanni were actually causing the Cammy real shit and the blame was placed on the tremere, whent he FAQ was written I was basing it on that moment although the purpose isn't lost the example still shows what it is supposed too.

Nanaloma, yes you need Hamachi. Also before you I can allow you into any games at the moment you need to go through what is called an "intro game" which is a basic hack and slash chronicle every person on the forums here has been through it. Once you pass that game I will allow you into chronicles, however if you fail I will have to take this further and put you in a one on one lector game, which isn't good at all Wink First. I recommend you get an IM i.e. MSN/Yahoo and add the following address: tomsun.rogers@hotmail.co.uk I'll talk you through everything and hopefully get you into some games, I'll also send you a "readme" with a list of all the KK members addresses.

StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Erion on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:56 pm

No need to give my msn too, i dont really host or anything so it will be useless...

Antidelluvian
Antidelluvian

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero on Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:00 pm

Welcome to KK. Hope to see you more active here. It is always good to see new players.
Don't worry about the XP spent or anything like that now. What you need to do is get VTMR to work, get all mods installed and Hamachi online. And come up with a bio for your character.
But I agree that getting the mods installed might take time, because hunting for them at the site is difficult. But this is only temporary.

Lucifer
Lucifer

Number of posts : 615

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaloma on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:32 am

Aero wrote:Welcome to KK. Hope to see you more active here. It is always good to see new players.
Don't worry about the XP spent or anything like that now. What you need to do is get VTMR to work, get all mods installed and Hamachi online. And come up with a bio for your character.
But I agree that getting the mods installed might take time, because hunting for them at the site is difficult. But this is only temporary.

I think I got the first part licked; even changed my Hamachi name to something more appropriate (Surprise! Surprise! Its Nanaloma). As per the bio, what exactly is wanted with weaknesses and strengths? Can one know this prior to creating a character (even with a history)? I do have a bio I think that is ready and saved to wordpad just waiting for cut/paste.

Now the files - that has been troublesome since they are not labeled on PV and I have to guess. Had some troubles with getting downloaded .nob files to work too. So far, the only mod that I have gotten to work is one we don't use - "AoR". It was suggested that I may have a conflict so I am going to move all the skins I downloaded to VTMR and try them one at a time. I downloaded the mega pack so I'm hoping the correct files are in there. The matching process will be tedious - may take a bit of time because the files were moved there without the organization from this site. It'll get done.

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaloma on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:45 am

TRogers2 wrote: "Nanaloma, yes you need Hamachi. Also before you I can allow you into any games at the moment you need to go through what is called an "intro game" which is a basic hack and slash chronicle every person on the forums here has been through it. Once you pass that game I will allow you into chronicles, however if you fail I will have to take this further and put you in a one on one lector game, which isn't good at all Wink First. I recommend you get an IM i.e. MSN/Yahoo and add the following address: tomsun.rogers@hotmail.co.uk I'll talk you through everything and hopefully get you into some games, I'll also send you a "readme" with a list of all the KK members addresses."

Thanks - have a Yahoo! Messenger account - will add address in a moment.

Question on the initial game: once I get the files needed and get them to work, does one then have to wait until there are enuf newbies to have the initial game? I'd imagine interest by veterans for that would be somewhat minimal. I've got a bio ready - can send in the form as soon as I figure out what is needed in the "Strength and weakness" areas (I asked about this in a reply I sent just minutes prior to this one so no need to repeat).

Please bear with me on getting the files and getting them to work - past games I played have not required such things as skins - just the occasional patch - so this is a learn as I go thing. Hey, are there any links/sites you are aware of that are a sort of "character mods for dummies" sort of thing? jocolor scratch

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Erion on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:37 am

well if the .nob files arent working, ive got 2 things in me mind now...
1 you need the redemption patch 1.1 so the nob files work
and 2 the .nob files must be placed in the redemption derectory meaning you open the game folder and place the files there, in the main no where els.
"Strength and weakness"----
well its mostly simple to say, or in some cases it is not.
in this lets say selected block, you add what the character is strong at, AE his good with a shotgun, can take a few shots and can run a mile without stoping...
You also write what he isnt good at, maybe he sometimes day dreams and forgets where he is while the other person is talking to him, he is weak againts some vamparism disciplines, he is not to much mentaly stong etc...
I hope this kind of covers whats it about, if not well some one els write something as well. Arrow

Antidelluvian
Antidelluvian

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaloma on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:08 am

anruca wrote:well if the .nob files arent working, ive got 2 things in me mind now...
1 you need the redemption patch 1.1 so the nob files work
and 2 the .nob files must be placed in the redemption derectory meaning you open the game folder and place the files there, in the main no where els.

Got the patch - it even says 1.1 (I've been told that sometimes it is there but doesn't say 1.1). I'm not sure from your description whether or not I have them in the directory. They're under C:\Program Files\Vampire The Masquerade - Redemption in the same area the AoR folder and other folders and files are located (EX: folders - "extra", "sounds", "video" and files - .dll files, some text files, and .isu file, etc.) I believe it is in the correct place - the same area a patch would go. However, when I start the game, it is the same default skins, ie, the same as they were prior to the new files. I don't have to do this in "ST" mode, do I?

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:25 pm

You don't place the NOB files in a sub folder, you place them in your main VTMR folder, where the vampire.exe is.

StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaloma on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:01 am

Trogers2 wrote:You don't place the NOB files in a sub folder, you place them in your main VTMR folder, where the vampire.exe is.

Ah ha!

Edit: Maybe I need to just delete and relaod - there are three execute files in that area too - "Vampire", "Vampire_AoR", and "Vampire_AorKey".

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down