FAQs (taken from site)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: FAQs (taken from site)

Post by Trogers2 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:04 am

No, AOR is a MOD. If you remove those the AOR MOD will not work.

StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Number of posts : 1095

Character Details
Past Intro?: Yes
Can RP: Yes

http://kindred-knights.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaloma on Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:00 am

Trogers2 wrote:No, AOR is a MOD. If you remove those the AOR MOD will not work.

Well, got the .nob (and .mb) files to work - just moved them out and added freshly downloaded ones. Now to find the needed files. I see one that is familiar called "Lady Death" - she's on the spread shot above where it says, "Hosted by Anruca". Guess that one's taken Smile

Well, I was able to find most of the files and all but two have completed their download. Anyone know where "Black Traid" is located? I'll try getting them to work a bit later (probably tomorrow) as I'm getting really burned out from the search. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be - links to links to links; I just didn't go far enough before to get to the needed titles.

Last edited by nanaloma on Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New info)

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Number of posts : 44

Character Details
Past Intro?: N/A
Can RP: N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Erion on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:03 am

Theres no need to rush you know, and that girl in the picture is not lady death its another skin from one of the packs... you just have to see the cloths and you will see how diffrent they are. Cool

Antidelluvian
Antidelluvian

Number of posts : 274

Character Details

http://dulo.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:33 pm

Regarding the lady death comment. I think you misunderstand how things work. We have many different chronicles going on, not just one. If a skin model is already taken in one of the chronicles it doesn't mean you can't use him/her in another chronicle where the skin is not used.

StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Erion on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:41 pm

Hey! here is a grand idea!... maybe they can be twins? Shocked

Antidelluvian
Antidelluvian

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaloma on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:13 am

anruca wrote:Hey! here is a grand idea!... maybe they can be twins? Shocked

Oh no! They're not Malkavian are they? Twisted Evil

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaloma on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:39 am

nanaloma wrote:

Well, I was able to find most of the files and all but two have completed their download. Anyone know where "Black Traid" is located? I'll try getting them to work a bit later (probably tomorrow) as I'm getting really burned out from the search. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be - links to links to links; I just didn't go far enough before to get to the needed titles.

OK; most are loaded but a few problems:

Two files are listed as "required". One, "Black Traid" I haven't been able to locate. "Bloodlines megapack" gives an error message when I try to move it plus there are a bunch of folders - what do I do with this one?

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Erion on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:39 am

hm... i gues that the bloodlines megapack you can ask someone to send it to you, and for the black triad well... http://www.planetvampire.com/files/paine/redemption/filepages/519.htm ... and if this link doesnt work aswell, you just do the same thing... ask someone to send you the files via msn skype yahoo or something els.
now the only thing left is to try and see. Cool
NOTE: bloodlines megapack does send alot of erors sometimes so alot of times to try and download it maybe possible if that does not help... well we can safely assume that the link is broken and the files corrupted.

Antidelluvian
Antidelluvian

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero on Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:17 am

Black Triad Dallas can be found here
And Bloodlines Megapack can be found here
Hope to see you ingame really soon.

Lucifer
Lucifer

Number of posts : 615

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaloma on Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:52 am

Aero wrote:Black Triad Dallas can be found here
And Bloodlines Megapack can be found here
Hope to see you ingame really soon.

Thanks again (BT is a bit larger then some of the others - it is downloading as I type). I have already downloaded the other BL Maegapack), though. Just wondering what to do with it since I can't move it (Error message: "The target can not handle this type of file"). I suspect only certain parts are used?

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Erion on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:47 am

If it shows you that every time, well then the file or download is corrupted and its best if someone uploaded it somewhere or send it to you.

Antidelluvian
Antidelluvian

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe on Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:51 pm

I just removed it, and Downloaded it again, it worked.
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Number of posts : 397

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrogen on Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:37 pm

how many playerskins are there in the Bloodlines megapack?, (i mean besides from the games npc's like beckett, lacroix, sheriff, nines etc)
Hydrogen
Methuselah
Methuselah

Number of posts : 174

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaloma on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:38 pm

anruca wrote:If it shows you that every time, well then the file or download is corrupted and its best if someone uploaded it somewhere or send it to you.

I'll try a redownload then; sometimes the strangest things work. Danka.

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:03 pm

Hydrogen wrote:how many playerskins are there in the Bloodlines megapack?, (i mean besides from the games npc's like beckett, lacroix, sheriff, nines etc)

Just 1, the model I use for Yumi.

StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:58 pm

Is that all? doesnt seem like many considering the size of the pack. Does it use hold a great number of NPCs or something?
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Number of posts : 397

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrogen on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:15 pm

yeah, it holds most of all NPCs from the game, but i thought it contained more then just female toreador, how about ventrue male?
Hydrogen
Methuselah
Methuselah

Number of posts : 174

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:23 pm

The skin does have the option to unlock a few other models such as VV, Jack etc... But most of those models won't have any upgrades. As for playable skins useable, it's just Btoreador, thats it. The reason Bloodlines Mega Pack is so big is due to the large amount of NPCs, Props, Weapons/Items it holds.

StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaloma on Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:47 am

anruca wrote:hm... i gues that the bloodlines megapack you can ask someone to send it to you, and for the black triad well... http://www.planetvampire.com/files/paine/redemption/filepages/519.htm ... and if this link doesnt work aswell, you just do the same thing... ask someone to send you the files via msn skype yahoo or something els.
now the only thing left is to try and see. Cool
NOTE: bloodlines megapack does send alot of erors sometimes so alot of times to try and download it maybe possible if that does not help... well we can safely assume that the link is broken and the files corrupted.

Both are now loaded although I'm not sure what they do. Apparently "Black Triad" is an execute file so I'm guessing it is a mod? The redownloaded BMP moved without difficulty so I'm guessing something happened during transmission the first time. I should be good to go now.

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero on Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:04 am

Yes Black Triad is an EXE file. But don't worry, you can play VTMR normal EXE file or BT new EXE file separately. That depends on what the storyteller uses to host the map.

I would say use VTMR EXE file in most scenarios, but if you try to join a game and get the message "wrong version" or something, close the game and run BT EXE file.

Lucifer
Lucifer

Number of posts : 615

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:22 pm

nanaloma, I haven't spoken to you in person yet, nor have I seen you online on MSN/Hamachi. I have a feeling you will end up vanishing into the abyass if I don't get you with us soon.

Can I ask what time your online? (your time zone also)

StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Gast on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:14 am

1 am - 3 am my time, my guess is American Razz Possibly West Coast? Wink

Gast

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaloma on Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:55 am

I'm in the Pacific time zone. Remember, I'm new to hamachi, etc - originally signed up hoping for AoL play but its isn't much interest at present. Generally, (at least that was my plan) I don't sign into hamachi unless I would know a game is planned. Should I alter my procedures? I multi-task when on the computer so I'm not sure I'd even know if someone tried contacting me via hamachi. This of course varies but my general routine is, when I am done with around the house chores, I get onto the computer and simultaneously check my three e-mail accounts, play with "Yahoo! Answers", and check various web sites like the Knights and Planet Vampire. After that is exhausted, if no games appear in the offing, I shut down Yahoo! Messenger (it interferes with my games), log out of the sites, and start up a PC game (I have literally a dozen that I have yet to play). I've been getting on-board a bit earlier of late - about 1800 hr PDST and am at the computer generally until around sunrise (except Wednesdays as I have a commitment to be in the far city by 1100 hr so I get to bed early) . I was medically retired so theoretically I am available anytime but in reality, I sleep in the morning and all efforts to change this have failed.

OK, more info then anyone wants!

What a Face

Basically, I've been waiting for some sort of message via the forum that a beginners' game is planned. I assumed I'd have to wait until there were enough beginners for a proper game.

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:13 am

The beginers game as you call it is also known as the Intro game, hosted by myself. If is a pass for fail test based on a simple hack and slash chronicle. If you pass you are granted permission to join other games as long as the ST accepts you. If you fail, we go through deeper training until you do.

The hack and slash chronicle is just a way of testing you in game, how you use emotes, and act out your toon the time for it is based around your free time. So no worries there.

StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaloma on Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:30 am

Trogers2 wrote:The beginers game as you call it is also known as the Intro game, hosted by myself. If is a pass for fail test based on a simple hack and slash chronicle. If you pass you are granted permission to join other games as long as the ST accepts you. If you fail, we go through deeper training until you do.

The hack and slash chronicle is just a way of testing you in game, how you use emotes, and act out your toon the time for it is based around your free time. So no worries there.

But how does one know when this intro game is being offered? Is my assumption of waiting until there are enough subjects/newbies correct?

I'm guessing, as one of the co-founders, that the time listed is your local time so you're probably sleeping about now. I hope to check the forum again in about 22 hours from the time of this message.

If I do need to change some procedures to better enable communications, please let me know what would be helpful.

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down