United-Kindred
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New rolling system (for trogers2 games)

4 posters

Go down

New rolling system (for trogers2 games) Empty New rolling system (for trogers2 games)

Post by Trogers2 Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:32 pm

I based some of the rules off Pen and Paper, but removed a lot of the 'slowness' thus a battle will not last an hour, this should make combat easy going and accurate at the same time.

(((((IS STILL BEEN EDITED))))))

The difficulty system
What is a difficulty?
It is a number you must roll in order to get what we call a “success” the more “successes” the better the result.
e.g. ‘Emote: Will shoot the lamp post…’

That is a standard difficulty of ‘6’ the person shooting has ’60 dex’ that is 6 rolls

He rolls: 6, 7, and 2,4,9,2

3 rolls scored 6 or more meaning he manages to shoot the lamp.
If two people were fighting, the player/NPC with the most successes wins that specific round e.g. if a player scored 4 successes and an NPC scored 3 that player would win that round.

Rolling stats
You roll 1 dice per 10 stats, e.g. 30 strength would be 3 dice 100 would be 10 etc…

Rolling disciplines
1 dice per level 3 would be 3 dice; you only roll disciplines in combat.

Combat

Event Difficulty
Shooting at an object/player (anywhere) Difficulty of 6
Stabbing/slashing (bladed weapons) Difficulty of 6
Aiming for a specific part of the body e.g. Head Difficulty of 8

Attacking something in a hazardous environment e.g. darkness, underwater etc… Difficulty of 8

Evading/Moving out of the way

Event Difficulty
Evading a bullet/sword slash Difficulty of 6
Evading sword slash/bullet with back turned or when speaking etc... Difficulty of 8
Evading a bullet/ sword slash while underwater/ in darkness etc… Difficulty of 8
Evading a blow towards a specific body part Difficulty 6

Soaking

Soaking a bullet hit from anywhere apart from head Difficulty of 6 – reduce damage by 10% per success roll
Soaking a slash anywhere a part from head Difficulty of 8 – reduce damage by 5% per success roll
Soaking a slash wound towards the head Difficulty of 10 – 5% reduced damage per success roll
Soaking bullet towards head Difficulty of 8 – reduces damage by 10% per success roll

Damage
Weapon Damage type Damage per success
Basic pistols Bashing Normal blow: 10 – 20
Head blow: 90 - 100
Advanced pistols Bashing Normal: 25 – 40
Head shot: 120 - 150
Assault rifles
(You may use the entire clip in one round) Bashing Normal: 5 - 10 (per shot)
Headshot: 40 – 50 (per shot)
Basic explosives Aggravated 150 – 200
Major explosives Aggravated 1000 – 100,000
Sword Lethal Normal: 20 – 40
Head blow: 60 – 90
Daggers Lethal Normal: 5 – 10
Head blow: 10 – 15
Claws Aggravated Normal: 50
Head blow: 100 – 120
Shotguns Lethal/Bashing Normal: (far) 2 – 5
Normal: (med) 10 – 20
Normal: (close) 40 – 50
Head blow: (far) 5 – 10
Head blow: (med) 15 – 30
Head blow: (close) 90 - 100

Damage type Bad points Good points
Bashing -Is lethal to humans
-can be vital when hit in head areas -Inflicts low damage
-Can easily healed
-Can be used from distance
Lethal -Can easily take off body part
-Can be deadly when you take head damage -Close range
-Is almost useless with good amour

Aggravated -Cannot heal in combat
-Cannot soak
-Will rip past post amours
-Can be dodged

A note on disciplines
Celerity
You gain +1 turn for every level of celerity you get level 1 celerity would be 2 turns, 2 celerity would be 3 turns etc…

Potence
Level 1 gains you a bonus of 10% damage level 2 20% level 3 30% etc… this rule applies for other similar disciplines
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Number of posts : 1095

Character Details
Past Intro?: Yes
Can RP: Yes

http://kindred-knights.webs.com

Back to top Go down

New rolling system (for trogers2 games) Empty Re: New rolling system (for trogers2 games)

Post by Trogers2 Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:34 pm

Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

New rolling system (for trogers2 games) Empty Re: New rolling system (for trogers2 games)

Post by isador Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:34 pm

In PnP bashing doesn't automatically become lethal to humans, bashing damage just isn't halved for humans and lethal damage if untreated becomes worse and worse untill the human dies. Bullets are bashing damage to vampires, but lethal to humans, i think thats what caused the mixup
isador
isador
WOD Expert
WOD Expert

Number of posts : 433

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:45 pm

ok firstly this system is BASED on pnp it isn't actually following ALL the rules, also I said nothing about "bashing been halfed" or "bashing been lethal to humans" either, I also said clearly at the TOP, "still been editied.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:07 am

I quite like it, although im not sure i like the weapon damage table vary much, for example 'an assault rifle can empty a mag in one round' doing so at this speed will likely mean that the first few rounds (if aimed) may hit, the rest will hit the ceiling, you should be able to state whether your aiming a shot, FTA (Fast Target Aquisition) ing a target with a burst, or hip shooting on full auto.

also pistols, a trained operator should atleast be able to double tap rounds, this can be done with anything bar a revolver based weapon, including ARs and SMGs.

also, 'good armour' is what? a ballistic vest likely wont stop a bullet, only slow it down to the extent that the round wont split you in two, only stop your guts from spiling out, perhaps there should be a rolling system for bodyarmour? including if it doesnt break up after impact.

although, this could just make it worse.

Apart from this, i do actually like it alot, and think it will be a nice addition.
Doe
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Number of posts : 397

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:15 am

actually balls to my last post, makes no sense whatsoever :p
Doe
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:27 am

lol, i see your point though. I can maybe add this in depending on what roll you get, loads of 1s would probably break your gun or worse as loads of 10s,9s and 8s would be direct hits
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by isador Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:44 pm

Trogers2 wrote:ok firstly this system is BASED on pnp it isn't actually following ALL the rules, also I said nothing about "bashing been halfed" or "bashing been lethal to humans" either, I also said clearly at the TOP, "still been editied.

actually, it says right there in the first post that bashing damage is lethal to humans. Also, shouldn't Fortitude be used to soak aggr? It isn't all that usefull in the first place, but if it cant even soak aggr damage then i dont think anyone is going to take it, like animalism...
isador
isador
WOD Expert
WOD Expert

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:44 pm

isador wrote:[

actually, it says right there in the first post that bashing damage is lethal to humans. Also, shouldn't Fortitude be used to soak aggr? It isn't all that usefull in the first place, but if it cant even soak aggr damage then i dont think anyone is going to take it, like animalism...

Firstly I quote what i said above "still been editied" As for Fortitude, yes that can be used to soak aggre damage, if you read the "note on discplines" it does say you gain 10% per level on passive discplines, this would include Fortitude. Also it doesn't say you can't heal Agg, only that you can't heal it in combat, it's the same for PnP anyway! You took like 4 games to heal from it, so what are you talking about? after combat the player can heal slowly from agg, but it is not as slow as PnP. Only specfic types of damage is lethal to humans i.e. Guns, items like Bats, steel rods etc... are bashing.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by isador Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:18 pm

Trogers2 wrote:

Firstly I quote what i said above "still been editied" As for Fortitude, yes that can be used to soak aggre damage, if you read the "note on discplines" it does say you gain 10% per level on passive discplines, this would include Fortitude.

those percentages are based on ingame health right?

Trogers2 wrote:

Also it doesn't say you can't heal Agg, only that you can't heal it in combat, it's the same for PnP anyway! You took like 4 games to heal from it, so what are you talking about? after combat the player can heal slowly from agg, but it is not as slow as PnP. Only specfic types of damage is lethal to humans i.e. Guns, items like Bats, steel rods etc... are bashing.

I must be getting blind because, even after reading my own post again i dont see anything related to healing aggr damage, so i have no idea what you're talking about here.
isador
isador
WOD Expert
WOD Expert

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:35 pm

They are yes, if you read the examples below...

60 damage with level 2 Fortitude (2 successes) would be 60 - 20% = total damage

the post above says, "you can not heal Agg in combat" meaning when in combat you can't heal that specfic damage, when out of combat however you can.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:28 pm

One point is not clear to me:
The player rolls "1 dice per 10 stats, e.g. 30 strength would be 3 dice 100 would be 10" But the diffilucty, example "Shooting at an object/player (anywhere) Difficulty of 6."

That means that with Dex 20, (which is pretty bad), the player gets two chances at hitting. And at Dex 70, or seven rolls, the player WILL score, no matter what
Aero
Aero
Lucifer
Lucifer

Number of posts : 615

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by isador Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:51 pm

there's always the risk of failure, quite simply someone with higher stats has much less chance of failing
isador
isador
WOD Expert
WOD Expert

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:55 am

Thats why players gain xp, to spend on what they want every game. This could be disciplines/ stats. This gives every player /NPC a weakness, e.g. A player who spends most of his/her xp on Strength will have a good advantage on str rolls, while a player with high disciplines will be a good "caster". It's basiclly chracter building.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:55 am

The difficulty system
What is a difficulty?
It is a number you must roll in order to get what we call a “success” the more “successes” the better the result.
e.g. ‘Emote: Will shoot the lamp post…’

That is a standard difficulty of ‘6’ the person shooting has ’60 dex’ that is 6 rolls

He rolls: 6, 7, and 2,4,9,2

3 rolls scored 6 or more meaning he manages to shoot the lamp.
If two people were fighting, the player/NPC with the most successes wins that specific round e.g. if a player scored 4 successes and an NPC scored 3 that player would win that round.

Rolling stats
You roll 1 dice per 10 stats, e.g. 30 strength would be 3 dice 100 would be 10 etc…

Rolling disciplines
1 dice per level 3 would be 3 dice; you only roll disciplines in combat.

Combat

Event Difficulty
Shooting at an object/player (anywhere) Difficulty of 6
Stabbing/slashing (bladed weapons) Difficulty of 6
Aiming for a specific part of the body e.g. Head Difficulty of 8

Attacking something in a hazardous environment e.g. darkness, underwater etc… Difficulty of 8

Evading/Moving out of the way

Event Difficulty
Evading a bullet/sword slash Difficulty of 6
Evading sword slash/bullet with back turned or when speaking etc... Difficulty of 8
Evading a bullet/ sword slash while underwater/ in darkness etc… Difficulty of 8
Evading a blow towards a specific body part Difficulty 6

Soaking

Soaking a bullet hit from anywhere apart from head Difficulty of 6 – reduce damage by 10% per success roll
Soaking a slash anywhere a part from head Difficulty of 8 – reduce damage by 5% per success roll
Soaking a slash wound towards the head Difficulty of 8 – 5% reduced damage per success roll
Soaking bullet towards head Difficulty of 8 – reduces damage by 10% per success roll

Damage
Weapon Damage type Damage per success
Basic pistols Bashing Normal blow: 10 – 20
Head blow: 90 - 100
Advanced pistols Bashing Normal: 25 – 40
Head shot: 120 - 150
Assault rifles
(You may use the entire clip in one round) Bashing Normal: 5 - 10 (per shot)
Headshot: 40 – 50 (per shot)
Basic explosives Aggravated 150 – 200
Major explosives Aggravated 1000 – 100,000
Sword Lethal Normal: 20 – 40
Head blow: 60 – 90
Daggers Lethal Normal: 5 – 10
Head blow: 10 – 15
Claws Aggravated Normal: 50
Head blow: 100 – 120
Shotguns Lethal/Bashing Normal: (far) 2 – 5
Normal: (med) 10 – 20
Normal: (close) 40 – 50
Head blow: (far) 5 – 10
Head blow: (med) 15 – 30
Head blow: (close) 90 – 100
To attempt to cut a specific body part off… Lethal Damage to that area must be at 50 or higher

Damage type Bad points Good points
Bashing (guns, pistols, assault rifles etc…) -can be vital when hit in head areas -Inflicts low damage
-Can easily healed
-Can be used from distance
Lethal (swords daggers, sharp objects) -Can easily take off body part
-Can be deadly when you take head damage -Close range
-Is almost useless with good amour

Aggravated (claws, explosives etc…) -Cannot heal in combat
-Cannot soak
-Will rip past post amours
-Can be dodged

A note on disciplines
Celerity
You gain +1 turn for every level of celerity you get level 1 celerity would be 2 turns, 2 celerity would be 3 turns etc…

Potence
Level 1 gains you a bonus of 10% damage level 2 20% level 3 30% etc… this rule applies for other similar disciplines

Some examples…

Frank and Jane meet outside a bar; Frank takes out a gun pointing it at Jane…
“It is too late Jane, it ends now”

Frank takes a shot at Jane:
Frank rolls: 10,3,6,7

Jane will try to move out of the way:
Jane rolls: 2, 6,8,6,7

Difficulty to evade is 6; difficulty to shoot is 6…
Jane scored 4 dices scoring 6 or higher
Frank only scored 3

Jane wins the round…

Lilly attempts to parry an incoming sword blow towards the head
Lilly rolls: 9, 2, and 2,1,5,6

The person swinging rolls: 10, 10, 7, 6

Lilly only scored one success against the difficulty of 8, the person swinging scored 4…

Lilly rolls soak for head blow...
Lilly rolls: 6,8,2,9

2 success (difficulty of Cool damage would be reduced by 20% (80 – 20% = 64 Damage to head)
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:37 am

alright, think it would be best we don't use a rolling system at all, and base everything from your stats.

A) rolling slows down game
B) pain to learn the rolling system/how it works as well as can have dice spam of hell if a lot of players are fighting.

I won't be using a rolling system for any of my games from here and onward.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:10 pm

Not using dice has been proven to be quite efficient. And so far, I don't think we have had any major issues.
But I suspect that an action that would cause a character death or incapacitation will need some cooperation from the player.
Aero
Aero
Lucifer
Lucifer

Number of posts : 615

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:26 pm

especially for any form of PvP actions for battles.
Doe
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down