United-Kindred
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Rolling system for "Book of secrets"

Go down

New Rolling system for "Book of secrets" Empty New Rolling system for "Book of secrets"

Post by Trogers2 Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:02 pm

You will be given 13,000xp for your disciplines and 9,000xp for your stats. Players start off at Ancillie and work there way up the ranks by gaining XP.

Note on spending XP
You are welcome to play as a human, but please bear in mind you do have restrictions you must take into consideration first.
• Humans can not have attributes past 50 apart from Appearance, Intelligence, Manipulation and Charisma which mean expand to 100.
• Humans have more chance of dying or getting hurt from, bullets, swords and any other weapon.
• Humans will have an increased difficulty when ageist a kindred of any kind
• Humans can not have any disciplines such as true faith, unless he/she is a saint or some kind of super natural creature. I will allow you to be a saint only if you have a good bio or good reason to be one. Joining my games with any disciplines will be removed via STorb
• Health can not be higher then 150.
Playing a kindred
When playing kindred you must take the following points into consideration;
• You may not play a cappadocian you can however play a Giovanni
• Nosfeartus start at “0” appearance and will break the masquerade if they show their face in public.
• Every clan has a bloodline weakness, please read the clan guild for details.

XP earned after a game is determined on the following;

• What you did in the game
• Surviving battles
• Avoiding conflict (i.e. fights)
• Been friendly or helpful

“The Attribute grid”
The grid below will give you an insight of what each skill point is and how good it is depending on the level.

Note also that the higher your strength the lower your dexterity.
So please don’t go around with 60 strength and 80 dexterity.

Strength
Below 20 – Very weak, you will struggle to do any good damage and are more likely to hurt yourself with punches, kicks etc...
40 – An average mortal (50 been a strong mortal) you will rarely get hurt from any unarmed combat and can do average damage to your opponent.
60 – More a long the lines of a bodybuilder, at this level you will be able to kick down doors and smash windows without taking damage.
80 – Very strong, you will be able to smash down thick doors with no trouble as well as dent walls and even in some cases smash through them, your damage is lethal and you can even make people go flying on impact.
100 - Anyone at 100 will be deadly, you will be able to knock down steel doors, pick up cars as well as smash your way past brick walls.

Dexterity
Below 20 – considered to a child, you are slow and will almost always miss with any firearms
40 – your average mortal, you are good on your feet though still fairly slow you are able to dodge some incoming melee attacks, you are ok with a gun hitting radio been around 60%
60 – You are good on your feet and have great skill with a gun hardly ever missing you will be in some cases being able to dodge bullets.
80 – You are extremely flexible and quick on your feet you have no trouble with firearms hitting anything from short to close range almost all the time, you also have good chances of acting twice in battle.
100 – You hit every time from close to long range, your speed is ultra almost the same as level 5 clerity you will have no trouble dodging.

Stamina (difficulty is increase for humans)
Below 20 – you will suffer damage from minor actions such as punches.
40 – Your average mortal, you can survive some incoming bullets that don’t hit you in lethal areas; you can also take a beating without falling over at this level.
60 – You will be able to take many rounds from a firearm at this level; it will be hard for you to be knocked over during hand on hand combat at this level.
80 – You will never fall down in during combat and can take a lot from firearms; you even have a chance of surviving major damage such as been run over.
100 – You will be able to almost anything even been hit by a tank or a rocket.

Perception
Below 20 – you have blurry vision and will struggle to see past a range of 10meters.
40 – You have good vision and are able to see clearly.
60 – Able to see clearly you also have a chance of been able to see in the dark.
80 – You are very agile at this level you have almost perfect vision having a chance to see people from roof tops or anything in the darkness.
100 – Perfect vision...

Intelligence
Below 20 – hardly know anything, you are dumb and find it hard to understand people sometimes.
40 – You went to school and did well; you are considered average at this level.
60 - Very smart, you did very well in school and even went to university.
80 – You know more then you should, and even have knowledge that you shouldn’t have which may help you latter on.
100 – You know everything.

Wits
Below 20 – like a child, you get scared at small things such as darkness and even people in some cases you will need to roll a lot to keep in control.
40 – Average; however at this level you have a chance of regaining control if you fail a roll.
60 – You are a tough cookie and are hard to scare; at this level difficulty is decreased by 1.
80 – You are almost completely fearless and will have no trouble regaining control.
100 – You fear nothing, not even death...

Charisma
Below 20 – you find it hard to talk to people and get sky very easily.
40 – You can talk to any normal people but may struggle if talking to anyone supernatural such as kindred.
60 – You have no trouble talking to anyone at this level.
80 – Something about your voice that others can’t ignore people finds you very interesting.
100 – Your voice is almost magical almost like dominate to some.

Manipulation
Below 20 – you are really bad at bargaining and sometimes make it worse.
40 – You can lower the prices on the market my a little
60 – Your good at lowering the price on the market, you have a chance of lowering the price down by 50%
80 – You can have a chance of reducing price by 75%
100 – Have a chance of reducing price of 90% and can sell the item back at at a range of 90 – 95% making profit.

Appearance
Below 20 – ugly
40 – Average you look like any normal mortal would.
60 – Attractive, some people find it hard to look away from you.
80 – Very attractive, at this level people will hardly be able to take their eyes of you.
100 – the most beautiful thing on earth.

“The rolling system”

You roll 1 dice for every 20 attribute points, for example having 60 strength would mean “3 dice rolls”

Below 30 – 1 dice (increased difficulty)
30 – 1 dice
40 – 1 dice
50 - 2 dice
60 – 3 dice
70 – 3 dice
80 – 4 dice
90 – 4 dice
100 – 5 dice

“Disciplines”

Disciplines are rolled “1” dice per level;

Level 1 – 1 dice roll
Level 2 – 2 dice roll
Level 3 – 3 dice roll
Level 4 – 4 dice roll
Level 5 – 5 dice roll
Rank 6 – 6 dice roll
Rank 7 – 7 dice roll
Rank 8 – 8 dice roll
Rank 9 – 9 dice roll
Rank 10 – 10 dice roll

“The turn based system”
Each turn is about 4 seconds long, and restricted to one action. This means you can not do multiple actions at once for example lets say Isador was going to use full auto on Kazi and Kazi was going to dodge I wouldn’t for example use this action;
“Kazi: Doges running up the stairs and attacks Isador then runs down the road and gets a cup of coffee and hand some to Isador then goes to sleep”
That whole turn is like 3 hours long, so please be realistic, i will whisper to you if i think the turn is too long.
Dexterity can however play an important roll in how much time an action requires according to the chart below your dexterity can reduce time it takes to do an action:
Below 20 – 0 second(s) reduced
30 – 0.1 second(s) reduced
40 – 0.2 second(s) reduced
50 – 0.3 second(s) reduced
60 – 0.4 second(s) reduced
70 – 0.5 second(s) reduced
80 – 0.6 second(s) reduced
90 – 0.8 second(s) reduced
100 – 1 second (s) reduced

Why does that help, and how does it work?
The ST (me) will automatically do this in the background so you have no worries, I will whisper to you if you have more time to spend on an action. Taking out your gun from your pocket is about 1 – 3 seconds depending on the gun attacking is about 2 – 4 seconds depending on the attack.

Does anything else reduce time or give me more time to act?
Yes, celerity however you will not get extra time to your turn. You will get extra turns according to the chart below.
Celerity 1 – 1 extra turn
Celerity 2 - 2 extra turn(s)
Celerity 3 – 3 extra turn(s)
Celerity 4 – 4 extra turn(s)
Celerity 5 – 5 extra turn(s)
Etc...

“The difficulty system”
Most of the time you will not know what the difficulty is. The difficulty is a number for example “5” which must be got or even better if you want to get what is called a “success” which increases the chance of you succeeding in an action.

For example if I was going to dodge an incoming blow from a sword and had 80 dex thats 4 dice, let’s say i rolled (at a difficulty of 7)

%4
Yumi rolls: 1,4,7,9

I would have 2 successes.

Now the chance of me dodging or not depends on who is trying to attack me, now this works as follows. That player/NPC will also attempt the same roll with he same difficulty and he must have more successes then you in order for it to be a hit. Lets say the person attacking is Ze shadow (he has 50 dexterity as Yumi is trying to dodge the turn becomes a dexterity outcome)

%2
Ze shadow rolls: 1, 9
(At difficulty of 7)

That would be 1 success so, Yumi would of dodged the blow as she won the roll with 2 successes.

“Events”

An event such as spotting someone on the roof will occur if;
• The players stat meets the demand of the event i.e. if it requires 50 perception and no one in the part has 50 perception the event will not occur.
• Where the player is or is looking – i.e. facing the same way as the event is going to happen
• The area i.e. where you are in the woods or out in the open etc...

Events are rolled at a difficulty which most of the time you will not know, if you fail to meet the difficulty you will fail the roll.

If you are stuck or would like to know more of our new rolling system please contact me at:
Tomsun.rogers@hotmailco.uk
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Number of posts : 1095

Character Details
Past Intro?: Yes
Can RP: Yes

http://kindred-knights.webs.com

Back to top Go down