United-Kindred
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mopy's Chronicles

+6
Victor Erion
Tem
doanlockheart
Doe
isador
Trogers2
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Mopy's Chronicles - Page 2 Empty Re: Mopy's Chronicles

Post by Trogers2 Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:46 am

doanlockheart wrote:A player should play a large part in getting himself involved. The ST should be there to say what happens due to his or her actions. I put a good deal of work (in my opinion) into getting Jaden to where he was. Of course those actions lead to his downfall. Though i would not have him go out any other way.

I toatally agree, been an ST for a while now. and I've learned that a game works in two ways:

1) ST is the god - like earth same role. The "God" has to make the game as realistic as possible. He/she can't for example say that all the clubs in the city are closed just because he wants a player to go somewhere.

2) ST follows the player around, based on what the player does and reacts. There is no "static story" Becuase they have risks.

3) ST should talk withouts out with the player before hand, why he/she is there, goals, plans etc...

4) Some NPCs are good maybe characters sire, friends, family... If you want the players to be in a group. The ST will need to put some effort in. You can't expect players to stick together all the time, use the Camarilla (sect) for example, or other excuses for been together or maybe the player needs protection, etc... etc... Again, the ST needs to put effort in.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Number of posts : 1095

Character Details
Past Intro?: Yes
Can RP: Yes

http://kindred-knights.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gast Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:55 am

As I have reallowed Trogers2 and Aero into the Chron it is open to other KK Players again as well.
However it is required you read and understand the Rules found here:

http://www.rootzilla.org/~moep/RPG/Rules.html

Especially considering the Stance some of the Players took when doe and doan started solving Chapter 2 on their own,
understand this last part of the Rules:

- Games -
Games are Hosted on Request of the Players,
Whenever I got the Freetime, a Game will be started, or the Date of hosting be Planned

Groupcap: Two Groups are the max in one Game.
I.E. Players 1 & 2 are Group 1 While Player 3 is Group 2
Player 4 does not want to Group with 1, 2 or 3 so he will have to request his own Game at a later date.

Free-Form (Regular)
The Players explore the City or the Overarching Storyline on their own, or they maybe just want to go out for a drink
Buy a Car, some Weapons, or talk to a certain NPC.
The Living world plays out around them, depending on their Actions furthering the Storyline, or being nudged towards it.

Character Storyline (Rare)
Story that is based around a Single Player Character, Usually a One on One game, although the Characters Friends might want to chip in on the Fun.

As Always, if you wish to learn more about Amsterdams Enviroment read the Website:
http://www.rootzilla.org/~moep/amsterdambynight.html
Of course most of it is OOC Information.

Gast

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Erion Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:33 pm

I know this is a *stupid* question but... there any form i need to sigh in before i join? or something?... Question
Victor Erion
Victor Erion
Antidelluvian
Antidelluvian

Number of posts : 274

Character Details

http://dulo.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:11 pm

anruca wrote:I know this is a *stupid* question but... there any form i need to sigh in before i join? or something?... Question

http://app.formassembly.com/forms/view/103226
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Gast Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:51 pm

not really hosting atm anyways, due to work and main player missing

Gast

Back to top Go down

Post by Gast Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:07 pm

Due to main players not showing any Interest anymore AbN will be Discontinued, the Storyline isnt furthered enough anymore to get to the point where I can get people In easily, as its too far in and too entangled to get it done.

I will design a new Chronicle in the coming days so I can host, and play with those poor people that have been waiting for a Game all this time and I couldnt do anything.

Right now I hope to see
Isador
Doan
Trogers
and occassionaly Aero
Doe when his back is back to normal..

Last edited by Moepy on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gast

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:13 pm

Moepy wrote:Due to main players not showing any Interest anymore AbN will be Discontinued,
maybe Doe if he ever gets off his ass again

ZOMG, I go and get a trapped nerve in my back and have been rendered unable to do much but lie flat for a week, and this makes me uniterested in AbN? LOL

If you remember, i sat around for a week waiting for a game when doan was afk, now hes back, i cant play. and i did say you could play without me.

Anyway, god speed and hopefully i will be allowed to play in the next chronicle once my back is better.
Doe
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Number of posts : 397

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Gast Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:20 pm

meh sorry yes i forgot about your back being hurt, still you dont have to be an ass in MSN and pop offline in mid conversation.

still Game gets Reset, and you can rejoin once you healed up...

Gast

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:09 am

I would like to reassure my interest that I am still in.
Aero
Aero
Lucifer
Lucifer

Number of posts : 615

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:43 am

My interest never left ABN, I just have some personal issues to take care of that have required the majority of my time at the moment.
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Number of posts : 140

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampirella.Lover Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:49 am

I don't know which word I should use here - since I:

A: haven't been around; needed a break
B: want to extend my skills as an RPer
C: am scanning for a game,

As it seems right now, I have no idea if I'm even eligible to join...

<==========>

As far as AbN is concerned, of course I have little existing interest - again, it all falls back to those ~2 months I had to take leave. That does not mean I wouldn't want to try something new (e.g. the aforementioned AbN), and as long as I can get BG info (again, apparently not an issue), I would consider it.
Vampirella.Lover
Vampirella.Lover
Neonate
Neonate

Number of posts : 23

Character Details

http://vamplover.co.cc/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:21 pm

Joining a chronicle is upto the ST, Most of the time the ST won't have any problems with it at all. In order to get into a game you should talk to the ST before hand.

You'll already in TDS anyway VL, the issue is I need all the players for the final game of ch.1 to carry out the next game (where you will be joining us).
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Gast Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:47 pm

im going to say for background i think the entire website is testament to the fact that i have the best explained background of all the chronicles , and even the last chapters can be read as shortstories so you always know what happend, although sometimes i doubt if i should bother with it...

Also a little update: after talking to my players, and seeing recent opinions, Ill continue AbN as normal, no new chronicle, I dont feel like desigining something entirely new.
Until chapter 3 is resolved Its not a good idea to join, as people will again feel left out as the story of the 3 main players is part of the episodes.

Seeing how limited my hosting times are due to Doe Doan and My work, It might not be for several weeks that new ppl should join. sry but thats just the way it is.

Gast

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:12 pm

Moepy wrote:that i have the best explained background of all the chronicles.

Iss, had a pretty good detailed bio of Phoenix (each game) which stopped after Phioenix did, I personaily don't think it is worth the effort most players won't bother reading it anyway and their character won't know what is going on unless they have been through it anyway.

Moepy wrote:Also a little update: after talking to my players

I get the impression ABN is only for doan, doe and iss only, regarding the quote above I am left with a blank questionmark over my head, I'm not trying to be horrible just trying to clean things up.

1) Why wern't me and Aero spoke to? Are we even still in ABN for that matter?
2) When talking about ABN you refear to "your main players" does this mean your game is player specfic? I.e. treating your "main players" as "better players" while the others are "lower classed" and have less imput on what goes on i.e. Having to follow a "main player" around in game.
3)When do you even plan on allowing players such as Aero back into the game? When is Chapter 3 for that matter?
4)Again when I used to play in ABN I found myself missing over 60% of the games, I noticed your "main players" seem to get most of them, that or games are planned more around your "main players". Will this chage when me and Aero return?

Doe wrote:aye, but my point still stands, you cant have your character enrage my character, and then expect mine to beg for yours to follow.

5)Will you allow "bio input" e.g. Own NPCs, goals and reasons for been around, will you allow us to follow them? I noticed that last time in ABN my own goals turned to ash and I ended up following Garrett around. I noticed your "main players" were allowed to move around the map freely while we had to follow one of your "main players" will this change or will it stay the same?
6) Will the story be static again i.e. A storyline players are "forced" into?

Moepy wrote:but when i come back in about 2 months ill start a new Chronicle for everyone again

7) Do you still plan on doing this? By saying "everyone" you are suggesting that "not everyone can join" again refearing to your "main players" which seems to suggest your game is "Player specfic, my question is will me and Aero even get a chance to play?
Cool I noticed you "disallowed" players to go into places such as Clubs and not allow players to do simple thinggs like call someone on a phone, unless it was relevent to the mapped out story I assume this has stopped?

I'm not trying to be negative just want to be informed on what is going on at the moment.

Last edited by Trogers2 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Gast Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:47 pm

Mopy's Chronicles - Page 2 Doublefacepalm_2

Gast

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:49 pm

Moepy wrote:Mopy's Chronicles - Page 2 Doublefacepalm_2

What does this mean? And how does it help, why is it even relevent?
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Gast Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:54 pm

Trogers2 wrote:
Moepy wrote:Mopy's Chronicles - Page 2 Doublefacepalm_2

What does this mean? And how does it help, why is it even relevent?

inside joke.. between AbN Players Wink

Gast

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:56 pm

lol alright, I don't get it
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Erion Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:13 am

Cool haha i get it Razz >< lol
Victor Erion
Victor Erion
Antidelluvian
Antidelluvian

Number of posts : 274

Character Details

http://dulo.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gast Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:53 pm

Moepy wrote:Also a little update: after talking to my players

I get the impression ABN is only for doan, doe and iss only, regarding the quote above I am left with a blank questionmark over my head, I'm not trying to be horrible just trying to clean things up.
AbN as stated on the Website is in Chapter 3 Right now wich is Only for Doan Doe and Isador, as you guys would feel left out again if you join midchapter.

1) Why wern't me and Aero spoke to? Are we even still in ABN for that matter?
You may Join When the bulk of Chapter 3 is Done, or earlier if I see fit.

2) When talking about ABN you refear to "your main players" does this mean your game is player specfic? I.e. treating your "main players" as "better players" while the others are "lower classed" and have less imput on what goes on i.e. Having to follow a "main player" around in game.
Yes that is very much the Case right now, Doe and Doan and to some extend Isador so far have been the most serious Players, the best Roleplayers, and had the highest Attendence, therefor furthered the Story a lot, That said the Static STORY Concept I had before cant help but revolve around them, as they are the ones with all the input.
This has changed in Chapter 3 however.

3)When do you even plan on allowing players such as Aero back into the game? When is Chapter 3 for that matter?
Chapter 3, like I said, is Running right now. New Players will be allowed when I see fit, or the current Chapter is mostly over.

4)Again when I used to play in ABN I found myself missing over 60% of the games, I noticed your "main players" seem to get most of them, that or games are planned more around your "main players". Will this chage when me and Aero return?
Yes and No, I can't Shedule Games, due to Work, and getting 5 ppl on at the same time is near Impossible
Mostly due to the fact I tried it and the result was : on Mondays I come home am totally annoyed from work I promised a game, but dont feel like it at all
wich results in me Cancelling or a screwed up game, wich Id like to avoid.
Seeing your Online times, you wont have much problem catching a Game, however seeing the few times Aero is on at the same times the rest of us are,
I expect him to miss some games yes.

Doe wrote:aye, but my point still stands, you cant have your character enrage my character, and then expect mine to beg for yours to follow.

5)Will you allow "bio input" e.g. Own NPCs, goals and reasons for been around, will you allow us to follow them? I noticed that last time in ABN my own goals turned to ash and I ended up following Garrett around. I noticed your "main players" were allowed to move around the map freely while we had to follow one of your "main players" will this change or will it stay the same?
Own NPC's are not allowed, telling your own story is neither, you are a Player not a Teller, what goes on in Amsterdam is completly up to me, and is only changed by Player interaction with the Existing World.
Your own Bio is fine, your Character is up to you (and the Rules). However the Personal Stories in the City that go on for each Character are made up by me.
As always Players can come to me with their Ideas.

You had to follow the Main Player as it was a Static Storyline Epsiode not a Freeform Game, wich has changed.

6) Will the story be static again i.e. A storyline players are "forced" into?
I suggest you read the Main Page of my Chronicle ... or for the really Lazy person:
"With the recent turn in Events in the City the Gamestyle changed slightly,
the Gamestyle is mostly Free-Form with an Overarching Storyline, wich means
the Players explore the City of Amsterdam and discover the Happenings in the
City by themselves."

Moepy wrote:but when i come back in about 2 months ill start a new Chronicle for everyone again

7) Do you still plan on doing this? By saying "everyone" you are suggesting that "not everyone can join" again refearing to your "main players" which seems to suggest your game is "Player specfic, my question is will me and Aero even get a chance to play?
The new Chronicle Idea is on Ice, for personal reasons I care not to explain.

Cool I noticed you "disallowed" players to go into places such as Clubs and not allow players to do simple thinggs like call someone on a phone, unless it was relevent to the mapped out story I assume this has stopped?
Im not sure about the call someone, however if I dont ppl to go to certain places there might be a Reason for it.
Also you have to remember I usually pick the day we are actually playing at as the day the Game is Playing, therefor you wont get into every Building in Amsterdam at 3 am at Night on weekdays , unless you break in...
Also Clubs dont see 7 Day Attendence :p

A Final word on the Storyline since Chapter 3:
There is the Main Storyline of the City, wich will go on, even if you choose not to follow it, if you choose to follow it, you can alter its course.
However every Character has his own Storyline going on right now, wich they follow on their own.
Wich also becomes intertwined with the Main Story eventually ( For Doe and Doan this has happened, still working on Isador )

Example:
Doe - Serena - Looking for Garrett - Personal Storyline
Doan - Xourn - Protecting Serena, while at the same time threatened by something else - Personal Storyline
Isador - Geralt - Lost parts of his Memories, looks for jobs, also threatened (but he doesnt kow yet:P) - Personal Storyline

Main Storyline : Hunters supress the Kindred, the Kindred now split into several Factions try to resolve the Situation and get the upper hand, so that one Faction rules over the others
usually by using the Players Goals to work for them.

I'm not trying to be negative just want to be informed on what is going on at the moment.

Gast

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:53 pm

Well there you go. ALl this infomation has been posted before on both these forums and on mopys own website, so theres no need to ask or rant again.
Doe
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:52 pm

Doe wrote:Well there you go. ALl this infomation has been posted before on both these forums and on mopys own website, so theres no need to ask or rant again.

I wasn't ranting, I was trying to clear up a lot of blank holes. Thanks Mopy for not taking this as an argument
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:10 pm

A few things I'm still not sure about though.

Trogers2 wrote:When talking about ABN you refear to "your main players" does this mean your game is player specfic? I.e. treating your "main players" as "better players" while the others are "lower classed" and have less imput on what goes on i.e. Having to follow a "main player" around in game.

Moepy wrote:Yes that is very much the Case

Does this mean when me and Aero do come back (or other players) we will be put into for example an imaginary "class system" and not be counting as your main players?

Moepy wrote:Own NPC's are not allowed, telling your own story is neither, you are a Player not a Teller

I disagree, with his however. Your game so I'm cool with it.

Moepy wrote:Your own Bio is fine

Is there a point of writing a bio then?

Moepy wrote:However the Personal Stories in the City that go on for each Character are made up by me.

Moepy wrote:Doe - Serena - Looking for Garrett - Personal Storyline.

But didn't the player make that up? I thought you made them up?

Moepy wrote:or for the really Lazy person

I'm not lazy, most of the time I don't see the point in viewing the site that or I completly forget I personaily think your better off using the forums. If I write a news article on the site, who will read it? If you don't does that mean your lazy?
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:21 pm

The Storyteller has this name for a reason, which is that HE tells the story.

I said to mopy ''I want to use Serena in AbN as she and Garrett are old partners from way back, her side goal in AbN will be to locate him'' after that, mopy tells the tale as he is the ST, not me.
Doe
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:24 pm

Doe wrote:The Storyteller has this name for a reason, which is that HE tells the story.

I said to mopy ''I want to use Serena in AbN as she and Garrett are old partners from way back, her side goal in AbN will be to locate him'' after that, mopy tells the tale as he is the ST, not me.

alright, so "goals" are allowed then? Mopey said they were not I'm just trying to ensure that when I do come back I know what I am doing, the information is helpful thanks. Can I take this question deeper and ask if you are allowed to make player goals or "side goals" as Doe says, what if they include looking for an NPC, which Mopey said we can not do as that would make us a "teller" not a "player"?
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content