United-Kindred
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seakyro by Night

+5
doanlockheart
Doe
Trogers2
isador
ShadowLance
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Seakyro by Night Empty Seakyro by Night

Post by ShadowLance Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:14 pm

Semi-Futuristic Era, it is 2245

Below is a timeline of events that lead up to when the chronicle takes place:

2009- Triole is diablerized by Hasdrubal, who then martyrs himself.
2009- Camarilla resistance to the Sabbat falters.
2036- Sabbat goes to great lengths to destroy a powerful vampire they believe to be an Antediluvian.
2038- The last threads of the Masquerade are severed, and vampires are no longer myth, but reality.
2051- Sabbat dominates North America and most of Europe. Camarilla almost entirely wiped out.
2119- Two Antediluvians are destroyed at the cost of millions of human lives. Humans have formed rebel groups.
2120- Human rebel groups in Italy burn down several dozen Sabbat havens during the day.
2120- Sabbat retaliates brutally. Human rebels strike back globally.
2128- Uprising in China goes into full swing. Guerilla rebels all carry flamethrowers and work mostly during the day.
2129- Italian rebels are wiped out by the Sabbat.
2136- Global Security Corp, or GSC, is founded in China by (human) American, British, and Chinese.
2138- Rebellion gains control of Los Angeles. Sabbat uses nuclear weaponry to purge the city.
2139- Human rebels in Britain begin calling themselves "Mankind" like it was a logo.
2143- GSC produces first UV weapon that actually works against vampires. It's so big it has to sit on a flatbed truck, so pretty useless.
2145- Rebellion in Germany retreats into the forests. Sabbat burn the forests down. Werewolves decimate the Sabbat shovelheads.
2149- GSC produces lighter and more reliable flamethrowers for Chinese forces. Most Chinese rebel bases have mounted UV spotlights.
2159- "Mankind" rebellion in Britain is victorious, forcing the Sabbat to leave the UK.
2160- Chinese rebels expel Vampires from almost every major city. Sabbat destroy the cities as they retreat with explosives and fire.
2164- GSC produces mounted UV spotlights for vehicles and the most advanced flamethrowers in history, using special fuel and lightweight materials.
2165- In celebration of their new weaponry, GSC buys several private security groups and arms them with their weaponry, then contracts out their services to the Chinese.
2169- China is almost entirely free of vampires. Cities are stable and peaceful, survivors are dug from wreckage and GSC Security patrols the cities.
2170- Rebels in Europe and Russia desperately bid for the services of GSC. America is almost entirely destroyed from fierce guerrilla fighting and retaliation from the Sabbat.
2172- Chaos in New York awakens Tzimisce Antediluvian, wreaks havoc on the humans and vampires. Tzimisce around the globe frenzy. Most are destroyed.
2173- Sabbat uses nuclear weapons on New York City. None can confirm if the Tzimisce Antediluvian was destroyed or not.
2178- With the help of the GSC, Europe's major cities are reclaimed and made secure. GSC releases several hand-held UV weapons that are strong enough to even kill other humans.
2185- China and Europe are in human hands, Russia and America are still war zones, and many of the former Soviet Union satellite countries are becoming mass havens for vampires.
2187- "Sabbat" has become a meaningless term, all vampires fight side by side for survival, and they are losing.
2189- GSC has political control over every remaining human army. They mass produce handheld UV weaponry and advanced flamethrowers.
2196- United States West Coast rebels are reinforced by GSC supported Japanese and Chinese troops.
2198- Worldwide, troops are trained and equipped by the GSC. Rebel military leaders are informed by GSC intelligence.
2199- US West Coast is securely in human hands. All vampires driven out.
2201- Most of the Eastern Hemisphere is cleared of vampires. Remaining vampires take to hiding out, retreating, running, even going into the oceans and lakes to survive.
2203- GSC pushes for the complete annihilation of the vampire race. Remaining Antediluvians aren't heard from. Humans report burning out several ancient vampires from underground tombs.
2207- United States and Mexico are retaken. Brazil is the last remaining vampire sanctuary, and many vampires come from across the globe to gather there.
2216- Cities are rebuilt, and GSC quickly establishes economic dominance, taking responsibility for the reconstruction of entire cities, and patrolling them with GSC forces.
2218- Humans make several pushes at Brazil, but vampires have a strong foothold. Clans and Sects mean nothing and former enemies work side by side.
2219- Rumors spread that one or more of the remaining Antediluvians reside in Brazil and support the remaining vampire forces.
2223- Vampires have been entirely wiped out everywhere except Brazil. GSC pushes for the use of nuclear weapons on Brazil, but world forces reject the idea.
2226- GSC nukes Brazil anyways, devastating the human population but leaving most of the vampires unharmed, who had taken to underground havens and bunkers.
2226- GSC suffers massive political backlash, and retaliates by removing several rebel leaders and putting "GSC friendly" ones in their places.
2229- Most of the world is still in shambles, and entire cities are radioactive wastelands, but some cities have sprung up with towering GSC built skyscrapers.
2230- Global Security Corporation controls all remaining military forces. Most are "reassigned" to work for the GSC directly, but some remain under their respective country's banners.
2231- Political backlash from the nuclear weapon incident fades as GSC goes to great lengths to restore cities and get people clean food and water again.
2234- Remaining vampires live in secrecy in the major cities, or in Brazil, making haven where its too radioactive to be flushed out, but they can still leave and feed.
2236- GSC declares that vampires have been wiped out, but has its citizens take yearly blood tests to make sure they haven't ingested vampire blood or become one.
2237- Travel at night is forbidden to all but GSC workers and security. No contact has been made with Brazil since the 2226 bombing.
2239- The world has finally (mostly) recovered from the wars. Many major cities are off limits from radiation, but many more have been rebuilt to mimic their previous architecture.
2242- Outside the major cities is a war-scarred wasteland, often radioactive or toxic just to be in. Rumors persist of strange monsters out in the wastes but none have been seen.
2244- Most of life's common technologies are recovered and rebuilt by GSC. Buses, cars, planes, trains, computers, cell phones, etc. They have a monopoly on everything.
2245- The city of Seakyro is announced as the new home of GSC in Oceania. Hong Kong in Eastasia (formerly the nations around China, Korea, and Japan) remains GSC's founding home.
2245- "Vampires" are only a whispered story to scare children.

Seakyro, the capital of Oceania (one of the nation-states created by GSC) lies where Berlin used to be. English is the universal language thanks to GSC. Most of the inhabitants come from Japanese background after fleeing Japan as refugees. Business thrives thanks to GSC. Around the paradise of the city however, lies the wasteland. God knows what lives out there, if anything can.

Much of the world's climates have changed due to the dust, ash, smoke and debris that was blown into the upper atmosphere. Much of the world has fallen into a permanent winter and the plant life has died, where other parts are now deserts. The few temperate areas (usually by the oceans, but not always) are home to the surviving ~2 billion humans.

Now to the technical stuff.

This chron will use the Resident Evil map:
http://paine.planetvampire.gamespy.com/vtmr/files/629/

SR Private Jet:
http://paine.planetvampire.gamespy.com/vtmr/files/170/

And Angelsk by Night:
http://paine.planetvampire.gamespy.com/vtmr/files/61/

And the Starwars weapons pack:
http://paine.planetvampire.gamespy.com/vtmr/files/393/

[[No, there won't be lightsabers. I'm using the weapons to represent GSC weaponry]]

Most likely the skinpacks we've previously been using, bloodlines, non, eotw, per, etc.

You will create as a human. You'll need to make new characters since these characters have to have lived in this new post-modern world. Interpret that timeline any way you want and invent your own story within it if you want.

As for what rolling/dice system I'll use. It will probably work like this:

You'll make a normal csheet.

As the game goes on, and you're emoting, roleplaying, etc, I'll ask you things in whisper like..

You try to punch someone, I ask you "whats your dexterity and brawl"

You say "2 dex, 3 brawl"

Then I write how it turns out. IE:

You make a quick jab at the man's nose, breaking it easily and sending him sprawling.

In other words, it will be HEAVILY dictated by me, the storyteller. I'll be using my judgment to decide who does what based on their stats. There won't be painfully slow "inits", but I'll go on a turn-by-turn basis. If you have massive high wits you'll be more likely to get the jump on people, act first, respond to being surprised etc (but not guaranteed).

Things like intelligence, charisma, appearance, and manipulation will be used as well. I'll really be focusing on using every ability.

If your character focuses on one thing, like "computers", I will make sure it gets use at some point.

So, with all this focus on individual characters, there is a catch. I won't be hosting for a full 8 people. It sucks, I know, that there will come a time where one or a few people will have to sit out, but it just detracts from the whole experience for everyone having a ton of people, rather than having a great experience for a handful (like 4-5).

On the up-side, I'll be trying to host more often. Multiple games throughout the weekend and even during the week. They won't be as LONG of games as I used to host, but it should allow people to cycle through and progress individual storylines more easily.

Which is another thing. I'll be giving each player their own side-storyline they progress as they go along, which will rely on their background history (if there is none, I'll make something up).

Here's a link to the new form (pretty similar to the old one, just some revisions)
http://app.formassembly.com/forms/view/83872

Last edited by ShadowLance on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:40 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : ICT pack removed, typo, starwars pack added)

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Number of posts : 304

Character Details
Past Intro?: Wasn't tested
Can RP: Yes

Back to top Go down

Seakyro by Night Empty Re: Seakyro by Night

Post by isador Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:44 pm

mindblowing, seriously
isador
isador
WOD Expert
WOD Expert

Number of posts : 433

Character Details
Past Intro?: Yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:36 pm

I like it, I'm not 100% sure this rolling system will work though, we can give it a try. I know V has had problems with this methord and has been forced to use rolling system in some games.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Number of posts : 1095

Character Details

http://kindred-knights.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:50 pm

I like the whole thing. Im in!
Doe
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Number of posts : 397

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:41 pm

Awesome, thanks guys

If the (non)rolling system flops, I'll just use standard pnp since we'll all already have char sheets.

I should be able to start hosting 25th-26th. Map building has already begun

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:02 am

Alright, we're still on for 25-26th

I've gotten 2 sheets so far

Trogers
Robert

Aero is working on his

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:35 am

Some advice about creating a character.

You are encouraged to:
-Use events on the time line in your story
-Use the dates of the time line to determine the events around your character's birth
-Integrate events from the time line into your character's life

What would be cool, but run it over with me first:
-Invent your own events not mentioned on the time line
-Make yourself a key player in time line events

What may or may not be okay:
-Creating entirely new factions/groups/corporations in the story

Most likely NOT allowed:
-Anything that requires me to place and control additional NPCs than I have already committed to

If you have your own solution around this, just let me know.

A few random example characters:

Orphan from Brazil, parents killed in the GSC attack, has a personal goal to find out who launched the attack on Brazil. Maybe has seen a vampire before, maybe has contacts with them, maybe working for them, maybe already knows GSC did it and has a vendetta against whoever ordered the attack (high up execs). Combat skills could vary depending on what he/she has picked up over time, who has mentored them, etc.

Born out in the wastes in a small survivor camp. Most likely irradiated. Tough, resilient, has had to hunt, kill, and survive in the harshest conditions. Has horror stories of beasts out in the wastes but nothing specific... knows a lot about the world outside the cities, but has no formal education. Can't read or write. Speaks fine.

Recently escaped from a slaver's camp. Lived through horrible atrocities. Refuses to talk about them. Tons of scars, inside and out, repressed memories, nightmares, mood swings. Otherwise quiet and seemingly nice, but would be the first to go for the enemy's throat. World weary, isn't disturbed by violence, stays calm in tough situations. Can endure a lot, never gives up, but very little combat skills. Education depends on where he/she was stolen from (a city, a survivor camp, the wastes, etc)

Also, VXTC is now working on his csheet

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:24 pm

ShadowLance wrote:Some advice about creating a character.
-Anything that requires me to place and control additional NPCs than I have already committed to

Does this mean I can't have Sam? If not no worries.

ShadowLance wrote:You are encouraged to:
-Use events on the time line in your story
-Use the dates of the time line to determine the events around your character's birth
-Integrate events from the time line into your character's life

What would be cool, but run it over with me first:
-Invent your own events not mentioned on the time line
-Make yourself a key player in time line events

I see what your trying to do, I can't see this working though as players tend to reply on the ST for all the plot build up, events and background etc.. I also detect a slight bit of confusion here.

You said "Follow your time line" Does this mean we will all be in different times? Or all in the same game?[/quote]
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:26 pm

ShadowLance wrote:Alright, we're still on for 25-26th

I've gotten 2 sheets so far

Trogers
Robert

Aero is working on his

ok guys, I'm going to be onto you like cats and dogs if you don't get these sheets in by Friday!
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:31 pm

ShadowLance wrote:Semi-Futuristic Era, it is 2245

[[No, there won't be lightsabers. I'm using the weapons to represent GSC weaponry]]

awww, Jedi Master knight Trogers2 hahahah.

ShadowLance wrote:You will create as a human

Think I need to talk to you about "Robert" If this is the case.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:33 pm

Did I do something wrong with my character?
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Number of posts : 140

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:35 pm

doanlockheart wrote:Did I do something wrong with my character?

if you have submitted the sheet just now within 1 - 4 days shadow might not get it stright away.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:36 pm

Im Robert Smile
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:37 pm

doanlockheart wrote:Im Robert Smile

I was talking about my skin Robert for shadows game, lol. His names Robert >.>
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:38 pm

Oooooooh lol sorrry about that.
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:39 pm

OHHHHHHH, damn I get it. Got a little confused, when I said "I need to talk about robert" I was talking about my skin, thats his name.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:35 am

I'm semi-confused about the questions asked, but to clarify

when I say "time line", I mean the one I wrote there on the first post.

In other words, events that have already happened. So I'm suggesting people play with them in their character's history.

IN-GAME events will be handled by me, obviously

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:27 am

I mean for example if one player is in 2210 and another in 2420 wouldn't that mean that both players will be on different games? Is this chronicle going to be with everyone or just 1 on 1?
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:29 am

Youve just lost me too, isnt the timeline on the first page event that have already passed? Im sure he means to add some of those events into your characters Bio.
Doe
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Number of posts : 397

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:11 pm

Aye that's what I mean. 2245 is the "current" year, as stated on the first line of the post Wink

So someone who was in their 40's 50's might remember the wars against the vampires from their childhood, were raised by veterans from that war, raised IN a warzone, etc.

Whereas someone who's 18-30 range was born AFTER vampires were wiped out, and grew up in a world being cradled and nurtured back to life by the GSC.

Random example:

Bob is 34 years old. Born 2211. Father was a Japanese rebel fighter who fled to America to join the resistance, Mother was a nurse. Met when wounded. Was raised around battle-hardened soldiers and constantly on the move. Heard war stories and saw grievous injuries far too early. Is psychologically scarred and pretty callous, but tries hard to do the right thing. When he turned 18 he joined the GSC and was shipped overseas to help rebuild cities abroad. Through blood and sweat, Bob and the GSC rebuilt Berlin as Seakyro. Bob's parents moved into Seakyro after his Father was badly wounded. They later both died of radiation poisoning. Several years later, Bob was fired from the GSC for using a UV weapon on another human. The other person was fine, just a bit burnt, but rules are rules. Now Bob lives with his girlfriend in downtown Seakyro and is trying to find work. Things aren't going well and he'll probably get kicked out of the apartment and the relationship at the start of the game.

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:02 pm

From the impressions I've been getting from the group;

<> People don't want to sigh up because:
1) They don't like Human characters, they don't like the idea of having Human disciplines...
2) Some people can't thnk of a chracter and/or don't feel inspired to make a new one
3) Players don't like the theme of "furteristic"

Going around the group and asking i've just been getting the above answers. I don't see what the major issue is though, atleast give the game a try I say.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:45 pm

The game sounds interesting to me. I am really looking forward to trying it out.
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by isador Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:15 pm

Shadow, i need to talk to you about coming up with a character
isador
isador
WOD Expert
WOD Expert

Number of posts : 433

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:30 pm

No problem, we can talk about it on this thread, over PM, or MSN sometime.

Got class in 15 min so won't be able to MSN now, but maybe tomorrow I'll be on.

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:19 am

So my character is not acceptable? My character has a lousy a job and applied for college. But is there a college in Seakyro?
Aero
Aero
Lucifer
Lucifer

Number of posts : 615

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content